PDA

View Full Version : Zaino is getting annoying....what else can I use thats easy to get and use????

Pages : [1] 2

Nicky Pass
08-26-2003, 12:53 PM
I`ve been using Zaino for 2 years now....and I am getting sick of using it. Its hard to come by, it takes atleast 3 days to get when you order it, and it doesn`t last that long....8 coats per bottle:nono: What is that wax everyne raves about...you can get it at Harley dealers....:confused: There are 2 Harley dealers within 5 minutes driving distance...its seems like it would be easier to get whatever that stuff is.

Bill D
08-26-2003, 12:55 PM
s100 wax and its paint cleaner is( the equivalent to p21s) availible at the Harley dealers. But s100 doesn`t make a sealnt like Zaino is, I would try Klasse sealant topped with s100

JAGOWNER1981
08-26-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Nicky Pass

I`ve been using Zaino for 2 years now....and I am getting sick of using it. Its hard to come by, it takes atleast 3 days to get when you order it, and it doesn`t last that long....8 coats per bottle:nono: What is that wax everyne raves about...you can get it at Harley dealers....:confused: There are 2 Harley dealers within 5 minutes driving distance...its seems like it would be easier to get whatever that stuff is.

wow it sounds like you are doing everything wrong when it comes to zaino. 8 coats per bottle?!!? you must be really gooping it on. I can get 25+ coats per bottle and 2 coats of Z2 mixed with ZFX will easily last me 3 months on a daily driver, thats pretty good durability to me. I think you should search the forum or call sal before completely throwing out your zaino. Are you using ZFX or Z1 when applying the zaino?

Nicky Pass
08-26-2003, 01:52 PM
I use ZFX. I probably get 10-12 coats.....I have a white car, so I put a little extra on so I can see what I`m doing.

Is s100 wax any good???

imported_memnuts
08-26-2003, 02:09 PM
You are using WAYYYYY to much per coat. No need to see Zaino when you apply it. If you are using ZFX any spots you missed, very unlikely if you are paying attention, we be covered with second coat.

3 days??? What`s the big deal. Plan ahead. :nixweiss

S100/P21S are very good products. :wavey

Nicky Pass
08-26-2003, 02:28 PM
I guess I just wanna try something new. I want something that provides the deepest shine possible. I don`t care about protecting ther paint.....over the last 2 years I probably have atleast 25 coats of Z2, and 25 coats Z5 on my car.....so I`m just going for the rediculous, deep, reflective, just painted look!

paco
08-26-2003, 03:07 PM
Klasse may help a bit.

S100 won`t help you achieve that.

Deepest, wet look. Probably Gold Class or No. 7 / No. 26. You may want to try some Vanilla Moose / Carnuba Wax from clearcote but you`ll run into the same issue with availability.

Paco

JimS
08-26-2003, 03:15 PM
I agree witchu....Zaino is a pain.

Try Poorboys stuff. Ex is great and easy and uncomplicated.

SK2003TypeS
08-26-2003, 03:47 PM
Sounds like you use a lot of Z. I just put on a couple coats of Z2 and used less than 1/2 oz. (and I have 2 more doors). What color is your CL ?

Steve @ Guru
08-26-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by paco

Klasse may help a bit.

S100 won`t help you achieve that.

Deepest, wet look. Probably Gold Class or No. 7 / No. 26.

???? S100 won`t help achieve a deep shine?

I must be using a different S100/P21S. :D Or, it goes to show how just about every person gets different results with the same product. :)

Just ribbin` a bit - I`ve found S100/P21S to me much deeper than almost every other carnauba out there, and it`s easier to use than just about any other product.

JasonC8301
08-26-2003, 04:09 PM
No durability? I had Zaino last one year on a daily driver that is garaged at night. I was suprised when the owner/friend told me to use what I used last summer because he said he washed it finally about 2 weeks before I went there (back in July) for some bbq food, and he said it was really easy. Some shampoo (Z7), two buckets, a wash mitts, and his car was back into shape. I just made it look even better with a coat of Z1 then some new Z5.

8 coats of Z from one bottle? I can get 8 coats from 2 ounces. Sounds to me like you are using way too much product.

Well for the deepest, most reflective shine especially one white, what have you done in terms of prepping the paint?

Most products we use in terms of protection are mail order only, well in general are (Pinnacle, Blitz, P21S, Klasse, etc. etc.) Luckily I have a Zaino distributer near me. If I need Z, I can get it same day, sometimes next day (if I call late at night.)

The deepest, most reflective shine is achieve through proper prep. I wonder is a clay bar session and a session with a PC and some light polish or paint cleanser, then a dawn wash and Zaino would make a difference.

YoSteve
08-26-2003, 04:30 PM
I tried and liked Platium for it`s simplicity, protecton and shine :up

shaf
08-26-2003, 09:24 PM
"Deep and wet" shine is harder to see on any light coloured car when compared to a nice dark/black coloured car. That`s simply the nature of it.

As said, prep the surface well. The paint has to look good even before you start thinking about applying wax/sealant. Lots of people make the mistake of asking "what wax will make my car SHINE???" when really what they need is to polish the car up.

You may want to experiment with a "traditional" glaze then wax combo. Try it and see if you like the look better on your car. Good luck!

Nicky Pass
08-26-2003, 09:26 PM
My car is white....so I guess its gonna be harder!

Scottwax
08-26-2003, 09:40 PM
If you want some extra protection, you might want to use Klasse AIO or Car Polishes Final Polish as your base and then top with S100. I`ve gotten great results on white with Final Polish and S100. Nice wet look.

I used Final Polish and S100 on this 1994 Integra with a single stage paint job. Unfortunately the true wetness doesn`t always show up on film, but there is some definite wetness to the paint.

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/10991994_Integra2.jpg

Another combo that works well for me on white is Vanilla Moose and then Final Polish. Looks very glossy even without being topped with a carnuba. That is the combo I used on this F-250. I wanted to finish with a polymer since this is a work truck, but the owner still wants it to look nice.

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/10992002_F250_white_rear.jpg