PDA

View Full Version : Tuff Stuff Multipurpose Foam Cleaner chemical smell?

Chris2pher
08-26-2003, 06:38 AM
I detailed my interior. My car did not have any stains or any smell like a rotten cucumber. I just wanted a thorough interior detail. I sprayed the Tuff Stuff all over the seats. After letting the foam settle about 1-2 minutes, I used a wet damp MF towel to rub off the foam. Then I sprayed the MF directly and cleaned the interior roof. I`m happy with result but now the whole car smells like that Tuff Stuff chemical smell. If you guy/gals are not familiar with that smell, it smells like the Prestone foam cleaner.

May someone please give me some advice? Should I wiped it down with a damp towel again? Or should I just use Febreeze and Ozium and forget wiping it down?

topnotchtouch
08-26-2003, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Chris2pher

I detailed my interior. My car did not have any stains or any smell like a rotten cucumber. I just wanted a thorough interior detail. I sprayed the Tuff Stuff all over the seats. After letting the foam settle about 1-2 minutes, I used a wet damp MF towel to rub off the foam. Then I sprayed the MF directly and cleaned the interior roof. I`m happy with result but now the whole car smells like that Tuff Stuff chemical smell. If you guy/gals are not familiar with that smell, it smells like the Prestone foam cleaner.

May someone please give me some advice? Should I wiped it down with a damp towel again? Or should I just use Febreeze and Ozium and forget wiping it down?

Sounds like you didn`t air the interior out while it was drying. I usually leave the windows open whenever I shampoo the seats or carpet until they dry. It helps to speed up the drying time and it prevents any smells from getting trapped inside.

I have used Tuff Stuff on the wife`s minivan and it will smell bad for a couple of days if you don`t let it air dry with the windows open. The smell will go away, I would just wait rather than trying to use more chemicals.

imported_Larry A
08-26-2003, 08:02 AM
I like the smell of Tuff Stuff

Chris2pher
08-26-2003, 08:22 AM
Thanks, I will air out the smell and see if it goes away.

Lawrencea : To each to his own nose, I guess.

Patrick
08-26-2003, 10:59 AM
Thats stuff smells wickedly nasty............