PDA

View Full Version : Pep Boys and Auto Color

Porkanbeans
08-29-2004, 10:43 AM
I`m looking for everything. Pre-wax cleaners, polishes, waxes, everything else. I`ve heard Pep Boys has lots of selection. Unfortunately, the closest one to me is about 30 min. away with traffic so I don`t want to make the trip for nothing. I`m also interested in a product cart that I can roll with me so I don`t have to go back to the cabinet for every product. So is Pep Boys worth the trip? I`m looking to buy mostly Mothers products.

Thanks for the help. :)

Woob
08-29-2004, 10:56 AM
If you want very basic Mothers stuff they should carry Step1/2/3 and the Clay bar kit. I haven`t seen any of their polishes. They have alot in general, but nothing special I think. I would order online.

mtodde
08-29-2004, 11:12 AM
I agree with Woob, on line is the way to go...but try to consilidate your purchases to save on shipping.

The Pep Boys closest to me has a decent selection of Megs stuff, but not as much Mothers. I have not seen any clay there. I have seen clay at Advance & Autozone, but most of the time it wasn`t in stock. Someone on Autopia recommended Auto Color for an Atlanta place that carries the entire Megs line and Avril car wash as a good place too. Where are you located in Georgia? It looks like Auto Color is a chain.

To get a consistent selection of products, I have been ordering on line. I`m buying products that are a bit less mainstream than Megs and on line is the only way to go for me.

I`ve seen carts like you describe at several on line vendors; some of the pros can probably help point you in the right direction with that.

jaybs02
08-29-2004, 11:21 AM
Try looking for a NAPA near you.
The one by me carries a good selection of "professional" line products

Porkanbeans
08-29-2004, 11:33 AM
I live in Marietta (Northwest Metro, east Cobb County). There`s an Avril`s Car Wash right down the road from me. As for Auto Color, I haven`t heard of it, but I`ll look in the phone book. I had no idea Avril`s sold car wash stuff. I`ll have to check it out. Thanks for the help.

mtodde
08-29-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Porkanbeans
I live in Marietta (Northwest Metro, east Cobb County). There`s an Avril`s Car Wash right down the road from me. As for Auto Color, I haven`t heard of it, but I`ll look in the phone book. I had no idea Avril`s sold car wash stuff. I`ll have to check it out. Thanks for the help.

I`ll hunt down the thread from Autopia later today and PM the link to you. If you haven`t already you may want to join there too. It isn`t as friendly as DC, but you can still pick up lots of good tips & you`ll recognize a lot of folks from DC. I want to say SilverLexus is the one that posted it on Autopia, but can`t say for sure.

Porkanbeans
08-29-2004, 12:05 PM
Found it. (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42070&highlight=Atlanta) :)

Thanks for referring me to that forum. It`s great!