PDA

View Full Version : Detailing Euphemisms for ..........?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Anthony O.
08-24-2003, 10:20 PM
I am sure that many of you pros get a chuckle out of some of the expressions and phrases that clients or other detailers or even people passing by say to you that at first sound...... well sexual in nature or at least rather odd.

For instance a doctor wanted us to wash cars out by his fitness center he opened up. He talked as if there would be lots of cars so I thought we would try it for a week and see the response and if it was good I would hire a couple of people to wash cars there. So the doctor was excited about his gym being the only place in town that offered this service so he said to us, "Hey, where else can you get a hand job for $15?"

We just all kinda looked at one another and with awkward smiles we just continued talking. Later though myself and workers cracked up over that one.

How about your experiences? Or how about any funny signs you have seen about detailing?

Anthony

imported_Greg
08-25-2003, 09:58 AM
"All I really need is a good buffing"

Spilchy
08-25-2003, 10:23 AM
Well, this doesn`t relate to cars but it`s very similar in nature. If the moderators feel this is a little racey, then delete it.

I got my haircut last month. When the woman is finished, she use a blow dryer on a cool setting on my hair to get out any bits of hair that are stuck on my head. I get my hair cut real short so there are always millions of little clippings stuck.

Well, she forgot to do it so I said, "Can you blow my head?"

With that, I froze in horror at what I said, shot her a nervous glance and slumped sheepishly in the chair. :shocked :scared

She looked at me, broke into a little smile, which grew and grew until she couldn`t contain herself and burst out laughing. She though it was hilarious. We both got a good chuckle out of that one! :D

Anthony O.
08-25-2003, 06:26 PM
:D :D

Dude that`s funny!

Deanski
08-25-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Anthony Orosco

So the doctor was excited about his gym being the only place in town that offered this service so he said to us, "Hey, where else can you get a hand job for $15?"

Anthony

So, did you give the cars "HAPPY ENDING? :D

Regards,

Deanski

Scottwax
08-25-2003, 10:14 PM
I love it when female customers call for an appointment and ask "when can you do me?" :D

A very popular thread comment when someone posts a wrecked car or truck on offtopic.com is "that`ll buff right out!"

Anthony O.
08-25-2003, 11:30 PM
:D

Scott that one line reminds me of the other day when my wife called me on my cell while I was working just to see how I was doing and as we were talking I told her that after I finished the car I was working on that I had to "Go and do another lady".....

It`s such a common phrase that I use, she is used to it but if someone is listening in I am sure they would get the wrong idea!!:shocked

Lets see, if David Letterman were to do a Top Ten List on this subject it might go like this....

10) "It`s all in the wrist"

9) "Do you do rims?"

8) "Topping it off"

7) "It needs more heat and friction!"

Can anyone add to the list?

VetteToVair
08-25-2003, 11:59 PM
Dressing the rubber(water based of course)

Would you like me to check your undercarriage?

:nixweiss

Anthony O.
08-26-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by stanger99

Dressing the rubber(water based of course)

LOL, that`s a great one:D

Anthony

Anthony O.
08-26-2003, 12:15 AM
Believe it or not I am actually going to e-mail the Letterman show with our list.

So lets get at least 7 or 8 more added to this list and I will e-mail it to the show with the names of the contributors.

I must be losing my mind......

Bobby G
08-26-2003, 01:40 AM
Come on, don`t overlook the obvious:

Where else can you work "in the buff!"

BumpersPlus2
08-26-2003, 09:21 PM
Blow it! With the compressor, ya know vents, etc.

safetyman2010
08-26-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Anthony Orosco

Believe it or not I am actually going to e-mail the Letterman show with our list.

So lets get at least 7 or 8 more added to this list and I will e-mail it to the show with the names of the contributors.

I must be losing my mind......

I actually had a very attractive university girl ask me how long it would take for me to "rub out her body". Unfortunately she was referring to her new Jetta. Stupid poetic justice.

Anthony O.
08-26-2003, 10:02 PM
This is pretty funny:p

Ok we have so far a nice list going, lets see we have

10) "It`s all in the wrist"

9) "Do you do rims?"

8) "Topping it off"

7) "It needs more heat and friction!"

6) "Dressing the rubber!"

I have combined Davidb`s "In the buff" with Shineshop`s "rub her body out" and come up with:

5) "Buffing the hood"

I added a bit to Bumperplus`s "Blow It" and came up with

4) "Blow the vent"

What do you all think so far??

Which ones should be modified?

We also need a few more:D

Anthony

Scottwax
08-26-2003, 10:12 PM
3) When can you do me?

2) Detailers do it in the buff