PDA

View Full Version : Utah detailers unite!

Pages : [1] 2

Jngrbrdman
08-28-2004, 10:55 PM
Howdy all. Some of you might remember that last year we had a car show that was sponsored by Autopia and PremiumAutoCare. This year we are going to do it a little less formal and it will likely be sponsored by OCDetails. We are still working on that part. :onthespot Pencil in September 25th on your calendars. That is when we want to have it this year. It will be out in Sugarhouse Park again like it was last year. This year the judging will be done by the participants. Throughout the event you will be able to vote on the cars in several categories. Certificates will be presented to the winners after the numbers are totaled.

:hungry Hopefully we will actually be having a BBQ this time instead of last year when it fell through at the last minute. :beat We want it to be a little smaller and a lot more fun. We may be inviting other club boards, but I`m not sure. We`d like to know the participants on some level so that nobody feels left out. Come and have a burger and talk shop with local detailing nuts like yourself. It should be a fun fall event. More details will be posted as we have them. If you are interested, then please post here so we can get an idea of how many people there will be. We look forward to a fun afternoon at the park. :bigups
:dj:bass :badabum :band :dancin :wow

GearHead_1
08-29-2004, 09:26 AM
You guys from Utah are sooo lucky. :-p

Bryce H.
08-29-2004, 01:59 PM
I will try to be there. I`ll have to leave early though. And I can`t enter my car. Last week I saw someone had badly scratched my car in a few places and in one spot there is like a half-dollar coin size of paint missing. I have no idea what happened but definitely need a new paint job now.

But yeah, I will try to be there unless something comes up with work.

John Styrnol
08-29-2004, 08:56 PM
I also would not enter my X, but would plan on being there. Would like to meet other people interested in detailing in Utah.

immaculate
08-30-2004, 01:23 PM
I could always enter my little white mazda anthony, what do you think? :D Anyways, plan on me being there, and gear you better make your way up as well!! But I think I`ll pass on entering my car. :)

Jngrbrdman
08-30-2004, 01:30 PM
Hey, enter whatever you want. Your car would be a good before/after car. We had one last year where we just detailed half the car and displayed that. We are still working out the details, but I think it will be a fun event. Not everybody there necessarily has to be a detailer or have a car entered. OCDetails is all about education and we hope to be able to have some instruction going on and everything. You met John at my house with the Mercedes before the car show last month. He is coming up from Boise and hopefully will be able to demonstrate some things for us even. Anyway, its going to be a good time. It is a great time of year to be outside just relaxing with friends. Its the same day as the BigAss show, so hopefully we still get people coming out.

http://www.ocdetails.com/assets/images/OCDshow.jpg (http://www.ocdetails.com/html/events.html)

mdbennes
08-30-2004, 03:20 PM
I`m up here in Syracuse and detail on the side. I would like to bring my vette down there and meet you guys. I have learned a lot and hope to learn more....

Mike

RamAir12
08-30-2004, 10:51 PM
I`ll probably be there.

immaculate
08-31-2004, 01:37 PM
Sounds like we may have a crowd. I`ll probably bring at least 2 other people with me who have detailed with me on and off. :) This should be fun.

We doing anything for food or snacks? If you need anything just let me know. :)

Jngrbrdman
08-31-2004, 02:00 PM
Well, since you mentioned it.... I do want to have a BBQ going. Probably just hot dogs or something like that. Those are cheap and easy. If people want to bring something else, then they are more than welcome. Anyone who wants to be on the BBQ Crew should just let me know and we can get it worked out. :bigups

immaculate
09-15-2004, 01:09 PM
Any current news on this get together anthony?

Jngrbrdman
09-15-2004, 06:05 PM
Nothing any more current. I did realize that I have to work on that day. That kind of sucks, but I think I can get off early. I`ll have to bring my boy with me. That`s ok with me. Its about time he see what a real car show looks like. :naughty

immaculate
09-20-2004, 01:11 PM
Bad news. I have to go antelope hunting this weekend. I was suppose to kill one this weekend (which I did) but I wasn`t able to find the body (tracked its blood forever, but couldn`t find the final resting place)
So that sucks I`m going to miss it.

Jngrbrdman
09-20-2004, 01:15 PM
That sucks, dude. We are going to have a really great time. The show isn`t going to start till 3:00, so you may still have time to come out and see it if you get home in time. I know that whenever I went hunting it was always a `leave at 4:00 AM` kind of thing. If you get home early, then try to come out. It wouldn`t be a show without the King of Cheese in attendance. :lmfao

immaculate
09-23-2004, 02:00 PM
Yeah anthony, :( I`m bummed. Unfortunately I`m going about 4 hours away, so I`ll be there friday till saturday night. I`m really disappointed however, I was going to bring a few of my friends along and everything. But after years of trying to draw out for antelope, I just can`t pass this one up. Let me know how it goes though!!!!