PDA

View Full Version : de-ruster (phosphoric acid)....any good?

chip douglas
08-24-2003, 10:01 AM
Has anyone ever used de-ruster ? i`d need to use some on two engine parts that are rusted, yet i only have experience with rust converter. De-ruster does sound nice, but i`d like to hear from you about it so i know it s worth buying.

Does it removes all rust and what kind of finish does it left behind ? I doubt it removes rust to the point where the metal becomes kind of smooth to the touch again.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Best regards

:wavey

shaf
08-24-2003, 01:18 PM
I`m not sure what the difference between rust converter and rust remover really is, but AFAIK, they both contain phosphoric acid and are supposed to leave behind that coating. I`ve got a bottle of remover lying around that I haven`t used yet either. :o

chip douglas
08-24-2003, 01:25 PM
Next time you pay your CT a visit, check it out, i saw it there, as im Canadian too ;)

take care

chris0626
08-24-2003, 01:50 PM
Chip, I too am not entirely sure about rust converter vs. rust remover. But I had some rusty nuts/manifolds that I just could not seem to get all rust off of. Then somebody in the Jag club clued me into Calyx. It`s a pretty awesome product -- not 100% perfect, but it does seem to match the existing finish -- yields a rough finish on cast-iron exhaust manifolds, more satin on nuts, etc. Check out their website -- http://www.calyxmanifold.com/prod01.htm -- if you`re interested. Also, I ran a Google search on "Calyx AND manifold" and came up with some interesting discussions on Ford and Corvette applications.

FWIW ...