PDA

View Full Version : Clearkote from www.seriousperformance.co.uk?

Pages : [1] 2 3

jdthompson
08-24-2003, 08:28 AM
Just doing my "let`s see if there`s anything new available in the UK" search and stumbled upon a post linking to www.seriousperformance.co.uk who do Clearkote products.

It`s good to try new things, seems the UK weather seldom keeps long enough to use my Zaino so I was considering trying the Clearkote shampoo, the Moose Wax and some Quik-Shine.

Anyone tried the MF towels from Seriousperformance? They look well priced @ £2

Just out of interest I looked on the Clearkote site and it seems no matter what you order, or what country you choose they online cart shows shipping as $8 - I`m guessing that`s a mistake as it`s heavy stuff - does anyone have a rough idea what their internation shipping rates are (I know it depends what`s ordered but in my experience some US places totally sting you on international shipping).

TIA,

Paul

imported_jgv
08-24-2003, 09:39 AM
Hi

I bought a lot of stuff from the US and the shipment prices were from fair (Premiumautocare, Poorboys, Clearkote, Auto-Magic, AutoGeek - after insisting on better quotes) to outrages like CMA (from whom I never bought anything cause of it).

Let`s say it`s fair to pay about $35USD for a gallon of product.

imported_Faceman
08-25-2003, 01:05 PM
Hutchingsp,

Give Alex at seriousperformance a shot. he`s very helpful and his level of service is fantastic.

I`ve used him several times now (in fact, I was his very first customer - 15 mins of fame and all that!) and he`s never let me down yet.

HTH

Face

jdthompson
08-25-2003, 02:07 PM
Think I`ll mail him tomorrow, it just gets a little depressing seeing how cheap the bundles are the clearkote website - though you just know that shipping would probably cost more than the product due to the weight.

Guess I need to decide between the Vanilla and the Moose wax now, it`s not overly clear what the difference is?

Car`s a year old "Anthracite" pearl Golf.

Paul

imported_jgv
08-25-2003, 03:16 PM
Paul, what you really need is the VMW and the new Carnauba Moose Wax, forget about the Moose wax alone. Also get some Quickshine Wax, it`s a great eerrr.... quickshine wax? ;)

Scottwax
08-25-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by jgv

Paul, what you really need is the VMW and the new Carnauba Moose Wax, forget about the Moose wax alone. Also get some Quickshine Wax, it`s a great eerrr.... quickshine wax? ;)

Agreed. Moose Wax is a decent cleaner wax, but I like the look of Vanilla Moose more and when you top it with Carnuba Moose Wax, you get a very wet looking finish.

Quikshine is Clearkote`s quick detail spray. Definitely a quality product. The reformulated car wash soap is also pretty good.

Spilchy
08-25-2003, 03:50 PM
Why would you use VM first and then Moose Wax if the Moose Wax will strip the VM??!!

imported_jgv
08-25-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Spilchy

Why would you use VM first and then Moose Wax if the Moose Wax will strip the VM??!!

Tho it was not recommended here, it`s not completely true, I`ve done a side by side and it doesn`t remove the VM, not all of it anyway.

Scottwax
08-25-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Spilchy

Reread what jgv and I said. Use Vanilla Moose then Carnuba Moose Wax.

Moose Wax does have chemical cleaners but Carnuba Moose Wax does not. I do think maybe a name change would help since there can be some confusion between Moose Wax and Carnuba Moose Wax. I thought Clearkote Carnuba Wax would have been a better name and there would then be no confusion between the products.

BTW, I have good results using VM/MW, but VM/S100 or VM/CMW both look better, IMO.

rstype
08-25-2003, 04:07 PM
And from my testing, Carnauba MW contains solvents, and removes MW, VM, AIO, SG, Z, FP, Sharpie Marker as well...

imported_jgv
08-25-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by BW

And from my testing, Carnauba MW contains solvents, and removes MW, VM, AIO, SG, Z, FP, Sharpie Marker as well...

And how can you remove a cleaner? (AIO)

Even with MW, what I did was a side by side using it alone and VM toped with it, the difference was visible, not imaginary, so, something was left from the VM. About the CMW, it removes as much as any QD.

Scottwax
08-25-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by BW

In my testing, Carnuba Moose enhances the look of Vanilla Moose. I see no evidence that it removes it or anything else underneath like Meguiars Swirl Free.

SP 325i
08-26-2003, 04:45 AM
Nice to see a Uk link. Will definitely be trying some of the products.

He just needs to stock PCs at a good price.........

Steve

butchdave
08-26-2003, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by hutchingsp

Just doing my "let`s see if there`s anything new available in the UK" search and stumbled upon a post linking to www.seriousperformance.co.uk who do Clearkote products.

It`s good to try new things, seems the UK weather seldom keeps

Paul,

PM Alex Creasey for his current price list - not sure if the website is fully up and running yet (Alex?)

Also remember that for most of the products on his site, the price includes P&P (in the UK). Most of his prices are very competitive once you have taken that into account - take his P21S for example, last time I saw the pricelist he can deliver for cheaper than I can buy P100!

I can`t wait to order the Clearkote products from Alex, but it will be a while yet until I can free up the cash (still paying off the car)

imported_vindaloo
08-26-2003, 09:03 AM
I too am a happy customer of Alex`s, excellent service.

Although his MF`s are OK, if you want the best get Ranney`s (Pakshak), get a decent order & the p&p to the UK is only $16, still good value.

Alex`s web site is up & running but not all of his products are on it.

He is away on holiday at the moment, but if anyone in the UK wants an upto date price list e-mail me on jim.kerfoot@signia.com & I`ll send you one.

Those in the UK may be interested to know that he should have some of Poorboys products in when he comes back from holiday. I really like the S&W and EX, which I got directly from Steve.

I bought my PC from Coastal in the US, the delivery was $45 & it arrived in 72 hours, not bad. Best thing I ever bought for my cars.