PDA

View Full Version : Sound Proofing

griff
08-24-2003, 03:55 AM
I am in the process of sound proofing my interior on my 98 Mustang GT convertible. Has anyone done this before and did you experience a reduction in road noise?

shaf
08-24-2003, 01:13 PM
I`ve heard reliable stories about people taking apart their car`s interior and panels and lining everything with Brown Bread or Dynamat.... :eek:

I`d love to do this someday, but it`s both expensive and time consuming. :(

Brad B
08-24-2003, 02:15 PM
I used Dynamat on my BMW. It does work very well. But yes....$$$.

2000_EBP_civic
08-24-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by 4DSC

I`ve heard reliable stories about people taking apart their car`s interior and panels and lining everything with Brown Bread or Dynamat.... :eek:

I`d love to do this someday, but it`s both expensive and time consuming. :(

not to mention adds a decent amount of weight.

JustinR32
08-24-2003, 05:52 PM
Dynamat reduces vibration and RESONANT noise. It also helps somewhat with reducing actual road noise. There are other products that help to actually insulate the cockpit against road noise. My experience is that neither one alone is sufficient, but that you need both (I`ve Dynamatted 2 cars, both convertibles, and a truck).

Tom

griff
08-25-2003, 12:48 AM
I just finished using Brown Bread and I am satisfied with the results. I proofed the doors, floor, and backseat area. Stereo sounds better and road noise has been reduced. The total project took about 8 hours (total off/on). Here is the good part, total cost to me was $191, fairly reasonable. I highly recommend it for a weekend job.