PDA

View Full Version : The switch to S100

imported_Ronin
08-22-2003, 05:56 PM
I had been using Zaino for the past 12 months. I loved the durability and slickness, but I really couldn`t appreciate the car`s paint. The Zaino shine was at its best in the early morning and late day and I was not able to spend a lot of time with my car at those points in the day. During normal daylight hours, Zaino was so bright that the car just appeared to be really clean. I was missing out on the Zaino "glow".

I was looking for something a little softer that would make the silver shimmer a little bit. I am very happy with the end reult of S100 and the ease of use. The only area that it will not measure up in is its durability. 2 days after application the initial slickness had diminished but my car is parked in a garage at work and home. As long as the car still beads I`m ok with the carnuba, and I don`t mind applying more wax its so easy. Take a look. All in all.....:xyxthumbs

Myles
08-22-2003, 07:23 PM
Nice shine, however my question is why switch?

I am not a user of zaino but a guy at work is and the shine and slickness is nice but the shine is too........plastiky for me.

If i were you id stick with the zaino for the durability BUT top it with S100 for a great shine. Some people on here do they and they all seem to be impressed.

Deanski
08-22-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Myles

I am not a user of zaino but a guy at work is and the shine and slickness is nice but the shine is too........plastiky for me.

If i were you id stick with the zaino for the durability BUT top it with S100 for a great shine. Some people on here do they and they all seem to be impressed.

I agree, try topping it. More and more people like the combo! Good thing too is the wax acts as a sacrificial layer as well!

Regards,

Deanski

imported_Ronin
08-22-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Myles

The switch was due to me wanting a different type of look on silver as opposed to the super reflective blinding Zaino shine. Also, spot polishing is a pain with Zaino because then you have to wash the polished area after to remove any oils left by the polish before re-applying Zaino. S100 is just easier to work with right now and is more appealing to me on my silver car at the moment. But I still use the Z for the wife`s ML 430! ;)

missnancylynn
11-12-2003, 11:27 PM
so if I were to use Zaino/S100 combo, I would have to strip the S100 off with Dawn before applying another coat of Zaino?

imported_BretFraz
11-14-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Tirespin

so if I were to use Zaino/S100 combo, I would have to strip the S100 off with Dawn before applying another coat of Zaino?

Correct.

missnancylynn
11-16-2003, 09:54 PM
so.............

Dawn, Z1, (Z2 or Z5), S100, then if you want to apply another coat of (Z2 or Z5)...........

Dawn, Z1, (Z2 or Z5) all over again? ugggggh....is this correct?

Carl

imported_BretFraz
11-16-2003, 10:40 PM
You can try to reapply Z2 or 5 without the Z1. I don`t know how that will work after stripping off a carnauba. My experience has been that I`ve needed to use Z1 every time I reapply Z2 or 5. Using ZFX eliminates this hassle for me.

missnancylynn
11-16-2003, 11:59 PM
well, guess I will just stick with only Zaino. They have lots of tips on their web site involving switching off with Z6 etc.... Heck, it`s a good shine, I am starting to go with the motto, "if it aint broke, don`t fix it."

Thanks for all the info!

chris0626
11-17-2003, 07:58 PM

well, guess I will just stick with only Zaino. They have lots of tips on their web site involving switching off with Z6 etc.... Heck, it`s a good shine, I am starting to go with the motto, "if it aint broke, don`t fix it."

I`m with ya there! After all the S100 hype, I tried topping my white car`s Zaino with it. Absolutely no improvement that I could discern. So for that car, I`m just sticking with plain ol` unadulterated Zaino.

Mind you, on other cars without all the careful prep the white Jag gets, S100 is a very nice wax and delightfully easy to use. I`m not bashing it. I just don`t see that it`s worth the trouble on a Z-car that you`re happy with.

missnancylynn
11-17-2003, 08:12 PM
sounds like the plan Lynn!! Thanks!

explorer
11-17-2003, 08:13 PM
Use Z on the winter months, S100 on the Summer:nixweiss :xyxthumbs

audio1der
11-18-2003, 09:35 AM

so.............

Dawn, Z1, (Z2 or Z5), S100, then if you want to apply another coat of (Z2 or Z5)...........

Dawn, Z1, (Z2 or Z5) all over again? ugggggh....is this correct?

Carl

If you put a few layers down as a base, they should last at least a season. Then, strip and protect for winter.

The ability to work on your car in broad (read:hot) daylight with Z is a big bonus for anyone without a garage.

Also, topped Z is ludicrously shiny, without the Z plasticky look; try it!