PDA

View Full Version : Extra Shine Help!

luke667
08-22-2003, 05:20 AM
Right, i am a meguiars fan.....and its the only detailing thing we get around here....no i`m sorry, but zaino, and mothers recommendations will be useless...:nixweiss

this is the process that i use...

1) Rinse with Water

2) Wash using Gold Class Shampoo

3) Rinse with Water

4) Wash with Gold Class Shampoo

5) Rinse With Water

6) Dry off with Autoglym Hydra Flexi Blade

7) Go over car with Chamois

8) Go over car with Meguiars Ultimate Wipe Coth

9) Step 2 Polish of the Deep Crystal System

10) Gold Class Wax

11) Quik Wax

Then obviously wheels, tyres and etc.....

What else can i do, or add to get a deeper, wetter, more reflective shine?.....if its possible hehehe :D

everner
08-22-2003, 08:18 AM
M-8132 Hand Polish could be used instead of #7, depending on your paint (single stage,base coat/clear coat). IMO, 32 is easier to work with. (Search) I got pretty good results with: 32, 20, 26. What ever touches your finish can scratch (Dull) it, if there is a tiny speck of dirt on a blade, chamois, cloth. If the dirt is present, will it become the "Leading Edge" on what ever touches the finish, or will the dirt be trapped below the surface? I get fewer scratches by using CLEAN 100% U.S.A. Cotton White Canon towels, or Micro Fiber cloths.

topnotchtouch
08-22-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by rek

M-8132 Hand Polish could be used instead of #7, depending on your paint (single stage,base coat/clear coat). IMO, 32 is easier to work with. (Search) I got pretty good results with: 32, 20, 26. What ever touches your finish can scratch (Dull) it, if there is a tiny speck of dirt on a blade, chamois, cloth. If the dirt is present, will it become the "Leading Edge" on what ever touches the finish, or will the dirt be trapped below the surface? I get fewer scratches by using CLEAN 100% U.S.A. Cotton White Canon towels, or Micro Fiber cloths.

I think you actually mean #81. The 32 is actually just the size in ounces of the bottle. Typically with Meguiars part numbers the first two digits are the product number and the last two digits are the container size in ounces.

Decca
08-22-2003, 12:33 PM
Why are you washing your car twice? I cannot think of any real advantages. I agree with Rek, swap your chamois for some decent MF towels. I would also consider buying some clay to really help with the prep. Prep is really the key to getting the best shine, along with the right equipment.

What products are you using on the wheels etc?

luke667
08-22-2003, 01:15 PM
washin alot..to make sure its cleaner than an ugly nun :D

wheels i am usin wheel cleaner and soap on tyres..and then endurance gloss gel on tyres

everner
08-22-2003, 01:55 PM
rjstaff, thanks for the "straighten out". I did mean #81.

imported_Tony
08-22-2003, 02:10 PM
Luke can you update your profile and include your location. This would aid in recommendations.

Thanks

Alex Creasey
08-22-2003, 07:36 PM
Well I could be very wrong but judging by the products used, i.e. Autoglym....... All Meg`s stuff from what would be the usual consumer range, I`d hazard a guess your a UK bod????

luke667
08-22-2003, 07:48 PM
close close...i`m from malta...which mainly has the same products as uk.....for those that don`t know where, and what is malta....use google!