PDA

View Full Version : Wasted step??

bobkomas
08-21-2003, 08:38 AM
Okay, finally had time to claybar my black truck, washed it again afterwards too. That`s where I left off.

Now,

I just (this morning) ordered Klasse All in One and Sealer Glaze from the Autopia store (as well as that Sonus QD).

I already have S100 SEC and S100 Wax.

I`m itchy to get this process started while the truck sits in the garage waiting for the Klasse to come in, so could I apply SEC before the Klasse All in One? Or would that be a wasted step?

I decided to get the klasse to extend the protection since it seems that S100 only lasts a few weeks to a few months at most.

Steps.... your comments encouraged....

1. wash (complete)

2. clay (complete)

3. wash (complete)

4. S100 SEC

5. Klasse All in One

6. Klasse Sealer Glaze (number of layers yet to be determened)

7. S100 (I`m figuring at least 2 coats 24 hours apart, I read that it doesn`t really layer, correct?)

Looking forward to comments!!

Ray

Here`s the truck just after the claybar process!

http://vrcc.photostash.com/vrcc_8755/justclay.jpg.JPG

imported_BretFraz
08-21-2003, 09:27 AM
I think your steps are fine. SEC is a very mild polish, just a tad more aggressive than the polishing ability of AIO (SEC uses mechanical abrasives where AIO uses chemical ones) but I think you`ll be fine if you want to start with the SEC.

I`m assuming your truck is a really good condition (can`t tell from the pic) and needs little polishing to remove swirls and whatnot. SEC and AIO really won`t do much as far as defect removal goes but that`s not a big deal unless you need it.

CharlesW
08-21-2003, 10:16 AM
It has been posted on this site that SEC and AIO together and in that order, actually works better than either one by itself.

It would be a little extra work, but could you possibly do one small section with just the AIO/SG without the SEC. It would be interesting to get your opnion on the benefit of using both.

Charles:wavey

bobkomas
08-21-2003, 10:24 AM
excellent!

Will the SEC or AIW take out some of the water marks I got after the last wash? (I was hoping those processes could get rid of them) Damn water around here can be chewed !

I could try that... and give my view. Take photos also :D

Well, going to sleep now, worked all night... will start SEC-ing in the AM!!!

Edit:

Oh, here`s the link to one of my first posts here, it shows a few pics of the whole truck

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26585