PDA

View Full Version : Coastaltool Responds to AUTOPIA MEMBERS!

Deanski
08-20-2003, 08:50 PM
So you are all aware, Coastaltool is VERY aware of Autopia and it`s members and here to prove it is a reply I received from them.

We are well aware of the nice play we have running at Autopia.

I used to visit and read the posts before someone locked out

non-registered guests. :) In fact the reason we decided to put

together the bonus kit (6" counterweight and hook and loop

backing pad) was a direct result of reading the posts at

Autopia. Your members identified the problem and we offered a

solution. We are a very small tool store in West Hartford CT

and we will sell over 2000 polishers this year which is a mind

boggling number from our view. I don`t know about offering

anything more. We sucked the well dry in offering the bonus kit

that is included.

I`ll pass along the sponsor info to the owner. Not sure how

well the fit is for us.

See what impact we have?

I asked if they could add themselves as a sponsor since all we see in the forums is "where can I get a PC?" "Who has best price for a PC?" etc. Sure beats putting the link in countless times! Whatda say David?

Regards,

Deanski

BradE
08-20-2003, 09:13 PM
It`s nice to know vendors take notice, that`s what good customer service is all about.

On the sponsor ship issue, that`s probably best left to a private conversation between David and the folks from Coastal.

JustinR32
08-20-2003, 09:23 PM
Kinda neat, too, Deanski, that you let them know how much we appreciate their help! 2000 polishers from a small tool store... figuring 6 days a week, that`s 6 or 7 a DAY! Looks like lunch is on the Porter Cable rep!

The sponsor idea would work well for them, I think. Most home detailers are do-it-yourselfers in other ways too, and we need other tools, not just PCs.

Tom

Deanski
08-20-2003, 09:29 PM
Yea, I gave them all the info on sponsorship on the site so it`s up to them.

They have so many tools and the website is well designed and easy to find equipment as well as comparing them.

That`s a boatload of PC`S!!! Good for them! They offer a very good price and customer service!

Sure would be nice to see that logo here with a link right to the PC for those needing one.

Regards,

Deanski

kermada
08-20-2003, 09:33 PM
Hey, I bought mine thorugh them and have recommended them as the best price. Mostly because of the package has all that was suggested on the forum. Nice package for us beginners.

Good service and prices, keeps me comming back.

Dave

shaf
08-20-2003, 11:49 PM
2000 7424`s??? :eek: :bow I always wondered how many of those kits Coastal sold in one year!

While Autopia may have been the source of their business, the PC is garnering support at other auto forums too when Autopians take their knowledge abroad. :)

Bobby G
08-21-2003, 12:02 AM
Deanski... We`d love to have Coastal as a sponsor, however, we can`t do so for free. That would not be looked on favorably by the paying sponsors. If Coastal is getting good business from Autopia... and I know they are... they should support the community. I think the fact that we are starting to get sponsors shows that we are a thriving community that spends money.

db

Corey Bit Spank
08-21-2003, 12:12 AM
I guess putting down Autopia in my comments when I ordered my PC helped things? :) Good company.

imported_KevinA
08-21-2003, 07:13 AM
I found the "kit" yesterday after reading another thread. I printed it out and am begging my wife to buy it for me for my upcoming birthday! Great price even without the extras!

JimS
08-21-2003, 07:14 AM
Perhaps we, as Autopians and consumers, should mention to all those from whom we buy products that we heard about them on Autopia?

dr427
08-21-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by JimS

Perhaps we, as Autopians and consumers, should mention to all those from whom we buy products that we heard about them on Autopia?

As a small business owner myself, If I knew a large percentage of my customers were coming from a specific source I would consider a sponsorship!

I think that is a great idea for future buyers to mention they heard about them from Autopia! That might prove the worthwhile investment of a sponsorship.:xyxthumbs

NattyBumppo
08-21-2003, 10:33 AM
I also purchased my 7424 kit from Coastal. Excellent service, fast shipping, great price, etc etc. They are even willing to make subsitutions like 5" porter cable backing plate instead of the standard 6" plate. All in all, a very pleasant purchasing experience.

They seem a very customer driven outfit and as such are the first place I would check for tools not purchased locally.

Natty

JimS
08-21-2003, 10:34 AM
Not only that but this is a really tough world for the little guy to "make it" in. Getting the word out to the multitude is one factor that is necessary to make it. If a guy starts a business and does it right, sells quality products and treats people good then the message needs to be put out there so people can reward that guy who`s doing things right.

I don`t know squat about business but I`ll bet that repeated mention on this site could make the difference for a small business man.....and they could help the site too.

The bottom line, as I see it, is that we Autopians really owe it to this site and to the business`s we buy from to do everything we can to help them make it. Buy from them and tell everyone we buy from them. I`d love to see Steve from Poorboy or Ranney from pakshak, etc, become successful and maybe even wealthy and know that I and lots of you were the reason why these nice guys "made it".

cpaddock
08-21-2003, 09:55 PM
It makes me wonder what Porter Cable themselves must think of this one small business going through 2000 7424`s a year. :xyxthumbs

Deanski
08-21-2003, 10:15 PM
Pretty damn good if you ask me! 2000 PC`s! There must be a lot of shiny cars out there:D

Let`s hope they look at the advantages in sponsorship here. :up

As CoastalTool states, they put the current "PC KIT" together just by reading our posts and requests for a polisher that can be purchased at a reasonable price.

Who knowws what`s next? For those of you wanting that first rotary, the Makita 9227C they show is also at a damn good price!

Maybe I can find a creeper seat for the low-down detailing:p I go through so many pants now, knees worn out (oh I can here the sarcastic comments coming) and pain bending over (yea I know, more sarcastic remarks) getting old sucks! :sosad Meguiars has one, but not at the price Megs wants!

Keep it up CoastalTool! :wavey Keep reading, and well keep buying!

Regards,

Deanski