PDA

View Full Version : New Rims: 18" Enkei CP1`s (pics)

Pages : [1] 2

Bwana
08-20-2003, 07:34 PM
Got my new rims today!!

They are 18x8inch Enkei CP1`s with 44mm offest, with Yokohama AVS Db`s 225/40/18. They have a really nice machined face that`s quite shiney, but not reflective like chrome. They should look extremely sweet once i get them on the car.

Im taking them up to the bodyshop probably tomorrow, they should be on the car soon after, and then i get the car back probably in 2 weeks, or so.

Anyway, i know you all want pics.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Bwana/11262.jpg

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Bwana/11264.jpg

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Bwana/11265.jpg

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Bwana/11263.jpg

Jngrbrdman
08-20-2003, 07:52 PM
Nice. :xyxthumbs Gotta love the classic five star design. Those look good on any car and are always a safe choice. Very nice. How heavy are they?

Bwana
08-20-2003, 07:57 PM
Hrm, i dunno...lemme go weigh them. (how much does a coat of Klasse weigh? lol)

K....they are 47lbs w/ the tires on,a little hefty, but whatcha gonna do??

Hopefully have 3 coats of SG on them before i take them to the shop.

shaf
08-20-2003, 08:49 PM
Pretty nice! :xyxthumbs Like Jngr said, you can`t go wrong with 5-spokes, but they are a little different in their angular-ness IMO.

I think 47 lbs may be "not bad" as far as 18 inchers go I think. Imagine say, 22 lbs for the tire and 25 lbs for the wheel, and compare that to the average weights for these things.

Deanski
08-20-2003, 08:57 PM
Nice set of rims! :up What made you go with the Yoko AVS? How are they? (I know you haven`t driven those on the rims yet) I was wondering why you chose these tires?

I`m looking at Michelin Pilot Sports for the SC430 since most SC430 owners switched from the RFT`s to "normal" tires with great results!

I also like the 5 spoke look. Like the HKE`s and others.

Good luck with them, and please post a pic with them on the car!

Regards,

Deanski

Deanski
08-20-2003, 09:24 PM
The tires didn`t get a good favorable rating at tirerack. A lot of people say they wear too quickly. Not very good for hard driving, poor wet traction and other gripes.

But they look nice!:D

For comparison, the GY Eagle F1 GS-D3`s come very close to a Michelin PS and cost less!

Regards,

Deanski

Bwana
08-20-2003, 10:06 PM
)A few people over at the SVX network have had them on their cars, with very good results. They are also some of the quietest tires available (hence the Db). And i was limited on what tires i could get by my dad. He didnt like my last set of tires (Falken FK-451`s), and now he`s biased against all "sporty looking" tires. Those were the most sport i could get outta him without having to go to a normal-looking all-season tire.

I`m planning on doing winter rims/tires anyway, but still...he wouldnt let me. (I wanted to get ES100`s, but they were "too sporty" for him :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

shaf
08-21-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Bwana

)A few people over at the SVX network have had them on their cars, with very good results. They are also some of the quietest tires available (hence the Db). And i was limited on what tires i could get by my dad. He didnt like my last set of tires (Falken FK-451`s), and now he`s biased against all "sporty looking" tires. Those were the most sport i could get outta him without having to go to a normal-looking all-season tire.

I`m planning on doing winter rims/tires anyway, but still...he wouldnt let me. (I wanted to get ES100`s, but they were "too sporty" for him :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ) What didn`t he specifically like about the Falken Fk-451? I was looking at that tire very closely, and most people, particularly Audi forumers, have only good things to say about it and that it offers S-03-like performance.

Whatever the problem he had was, there are all sorts of summer tires out there. Some are even supposed to be very comfortable and quiet. :nixweiss.

That`s too bad that you had to go with just the AVS dB.... I understand it`s almost always better to go with a summer tire of some kind and then use separate dedicated winter tires. All seasons are usually known to be compromises. :(

EDIT: How did YOU like the Fk-451? :) Thanks for the info.

Bwana
08-21-2003, 02:45 AM
I liked them a lot. Only problem i had with them was treadwear. They seemed to wear down extremely fast....but then again, i that`s how i drive too. :o

I dont know why he had a problem with them....maybe it was just the shallow tread :nixweiss . He still thinks that all the summer "sporty" tires suck in the rain, when they are actually better then most all-season`s.

TortoiseAWD
08-21-2003, 09:04 AM
Bwana,

Beware of rubbing issues (and, God forbid, wheel bearing issues) with that 44mm offset . . . the offset on the stock rims is insane (55mm).

Tort

Bwana
08-21-2003, 01:48 PM
Yeah, i know, it`s a big issue with everyone on the network. But, there`s guys running as low as 34mm with no problems. Bearings are a natural weak point anyway, so im sure it wont hurt them anymore then they hurt themselves :p .

imported_Luster
08-21-2003, 02:06 PM
Those are EXCELLENT looking rims!!!

But........with 40 series tires.....

BEWARE OF POTHOLES! (not much sidewall between road and rim!)

Can`t wait to see "on-the-car" shots.

Nice choice.

Bwana
08-21-2003, 05:08 PM
I`m pretty conscious of potholes already. I`ve been pulled over because the cop thought i was drunk because i was swerving back and forth avoding potholes. This one section of road right by my house has a slalom course of potholes, 10` of holes on one side, 20` between, 10` on the other side, this goes on for about 4 blocks, it`s pretty fun (unless a cop is watching you do it)...

corvettez
08-24-2003, 08:05 AM
Nice looking wheels, good luck with them.

Did you get four or five? I learned that lesson a long time ago myself which is why I ask.

Good luck with the Yokohama tires.

imported_dookiebob
08-24-2003, 09:52 AM
47 lbs??? :eek:

My 18" rims are 16.5 lbs each... 22 lbs of rim will hurt performance for sure.

-Bob