PDA

View Full Version : Klass application

PETERC4CAB
08-20-2003, 07:13 PM
Do I need to wait between coats of Klass? I am thinking about putting on about 3 coats of Klass but need to know how long I should wait between coats.

Thanks for the answers

Peter

Jngrbrdman
08-20-2003, 07:16 PM
Yes. You need to wait 45 minutes before buffing the SG off and at least 24 hours before applying another coat. The product needs to cure before it is properly bonded to your paint.

PETERC4CAB
08-20-2003, 07:19 PM
Thanks Jngrbrdman for the quick reply. I guess I`ll just do one coat tonight..... Was hoping to get all 3 coat out of the way tonight.

Peter

Jngrbrdman
08-20-2003, 07:26 PM
With sealants they go on a bit differently than waxes. They all need their cure time. You`ll be glad you waited when you see it. 3 coats of klasse is going to look really good on your car. 4 or 5 is about the max that you want to put on because it just doesn`t get much better than that.

PETERC4CAB
08-20-2003, 07:35 PM
Thanks again, I was thinking of toping it with Pinnacle Souveran after the third coat. But now that I know I have to wait, I guess I`ll build the coats slowly. I don`t want to top it with Souveran and then have to try to take it off for another coat of Klass.

I guess I`ll have to build a coat or so every weekend till I have about 3 coats then keep it up with Souveran.

Sorry about rambling on. Does that make sense to you?

Peter

Jngrbrdman
08-20-2003, 07:50 PM
Yup. Makes perfect sense. That is the same thing I did. The only difference is I had like 30 coats of SG on or something before I went for the topper. lol I got a little carried away and was breaking the rules of one coat a day sometimes. If you get 3 or 4 layers of Klasse on there then you can top it with Souveran without worrying about not being satisfied with the shine. It will definitely be impressive.

PETERC4CAB
08-20-2003, 07:52 PM
Geez. 30 coats, you were on a mission. Anyways, thanks for the info. Gotta get to the garage and get working.

Polishing tonight to get the swirls out too.

Peter

hondaguy2582
08-20-2003, 07:57 PM
jngr, how long should i wait to buff off sg in a high humidity area like michigan? I usuallly wait about 2 hrs, is this a good time to let it dry for?

Jngrbrdman
08-20-2003, 08:05 PM
Good question. 2 hours seems good. I wait at least 45 minutes in utah and its pretty dry here. I`ve gone an hour in Dallas and that seemed to work out fine and the big D is not a dry place by any stretch of the imagination. lol Usually if you just go around the car applying it and then have a smoke or go get a drink or something then by the time you come back you can start buffing it off on the same area you started applying it at. That`s always been my way of figuring the time. Once when I actually checked the clock to see how long I was really waiting, it turned out to be right at 45 minutes from when I started and that was fine.

The bottom line is that if it has hazed and looks dry then go for it. I don`t think you should need to wait for more than an hour in any humidity. As long as its dry and not still smearing when you touch it then you are fine.

hondaguy2582
08-20-2003, 10:03 PM
also, i have some pinnacle sample bottles, when i run out of the bodywork 2 oz bottle(next wash) should i just rinse it out and use that as a application bottle for sg? Another problem i have with applying sg is it seems to dissappear on silver unless i apply it thick.

rleven
08-21-2003, 08:31 AM
Hondaguy2582. No do not put it on thick. Then you will have a hard time getting it off. To all go to jimwh`s Klasse Tome. Also, check out my ride with Klasse twins and souveran topper.

Bob

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12590

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24843