PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s Final Detail

raugusta
08-19-2003, 11:35 PM
Anyone wants to sell me some meguiar`s final detail? I can only find it in 1 gal size and I don`t want that much. If anyone wants to sell me like 16 oz, I would be interested...

Maxtorque02
08-20-2003, 12:22 AM
Have you checked at some of the Auto Parts stores? Car Quest and Napa stores usually carry the 16oz spray bottles of it.

CharlesW
08-20-2003, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Navi Man

Have you checked at some of the Auto Parts stores? Car Quest and Napa stores usually carry the 16oz spray bottles of it.

While I can`t state for positive, I`m pretty sure Final Detail, Meg`s #51, is only available in 1 gallon and 5 gallon containers.

Charles

Maxtorque02
08-20-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by CharlesW

While I can`t state for positive, I`m pretty sure Final Detail, Meg`s #51, is only available in 1 gallon and 5 gallon containers.

Charles

You`re probably right, as I was thinking Final Inspection, as that is what I bought. To many products with similar names and purposes.:D

Just out of curiousity, I went to the Meguiars website and they don`t even show the Final Detail on there. Could it have been discontinued?

CharlesW
08-20-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Navi Man

Just out of curiousity, I went to the Meguiars website and they don`t even show the Final Detail on there. Could it have been discontinued?

It is part of their "Detailer" line of products and may not be shown on their web-site.

Their web-site probably has less than 50% of the products they have available. Might even be less than that.

Charles:nixweiss

raugusta
08-20-2003, 10:13 AM
The smallest size I can find is 1 gallon....I don`t want to buy that much. If anyone willing to part with a little bit of their FD, please PM me or e-mail me (raugusta@wisc.edu)

Thanks!!

Maxtorque02
08-20-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by raugusta

The smallest size I can find is 1 gallon....I don`t want to buy that much. If anyone willing to part with a little bit of their FD, please PM me or e-mail me (raugusta@wisc.edu)

Thanks!!

Any reason why you don`t want to use the Final Inspection or Qucik Detailer? They are both readily available in 16oz spray bottles and do an excellent job. The FI is body shop safe with no silicones and QD does contain some silicones, but will work excellent if you aren`t going to do any painting.:)

raugusta
08-20-2003, 10:29 AM
I will not do any painting, and from what I`ve read, the shine of FD is superior compared to FI or QD. That`s why I want to try it...

Maxtorque02
08-20-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by raugusta

I will not do any painting, and from what I`ve read, the shine of FD is superior compared to FI or QD. That`s why I want to try it...

I`ve heard mixed reviews on that. To be honest, I don`t think you will be able to tell that much difference between it and the other ones. As long as all the other preparation was done with getting the paint in top shape, a quick detailer type product will help bring it back to its original state, but won`t make it shine any more than a quality wax job. Sometimes these products have more marketing than performance attached to them. I`ve had very good luck with both the QD and the FI.

Good luck in your search for some Final Detail, and if you do get some, definitely post your results.:)

frankie
08-20-2003, 11:32 AM
get the gallon its great stuff and its only like 16 buks for 16 oz a local autp parts store will charge you 6-8 dollars for another few bucks you get a 100 plus ounces of the stuff

airjames
08-20-2003, 10:51 PM
I have the 32oz of the QD in the maroon bottle. Makes the surface of my Ranger sheet off water like crazy when I"m washing it or bead like little marbles rolling off a marble surface lol! I havn`t had a chance to try out the FI or FD but I"m happy with the QD. It may not be the Pinnacle Crystal Mist of QD`s but it`s a nice product:up ,,,,,,,91

Corey Bit Spank
08-21-2003, 12:15 AM
Hm. Final Inspection sounds like a good thing to use between coats of Blackfire.

SlvrChrm03Max
08-24-2003, 06:21 AM
I`m pretty sure that i saw FD in 16 oz bottles at Autozone last week.

Bob