PDA

View Full Version : New set of Meguiar`s layers: 7+20+26= :D

JustinR32
08-18-2003, 08:45 PM
First, sorry but no digital camera tonight. I`ll post pics tomorrow.

I`d been told by Meg`s tech support that I couldn`t layer #20 over #7; Mike and Tim, however, say that I can. So, I redid my hood that way.

First, no surprise to anyone: #7 alone looks UNBELIEVABLY good. If there was a product that looked like that AND offered protection, I would sell out my cabinet and never look back. That stuff looks awesome.

The #7 corrects a lot of the shortcomings of the #20, giving it warmth and color. The #20 alone is a bit too reflective for my taste.

#26 on top of the #20 "cements" everything, again giving it that carnuba liquid glass look that I love so much.

There you have it; 3 products whose characteristics compliment each other.

Oh hell, everything I try looks great. But I like trying different things. EVERYONE does Zaino, or AIO/SG/S100, or PS or P21S (yeah, I got a cabinet full of that stuff, too). I`ll put this look up against anything. It`s phenomenal. These are world class products that you can get at Pep Boys.

You have to keep in mind the Meguiar`s Laws: let the products haze and dry, "cut"" the surface haze by using terry towels, and finish with microfiber towels. And you have to have the surface properly prepared, obviously. Swirl and spidermark free.

If you already have these products in your cabinet, give this combo a try next time. You won`t be disappointed. You might go back to what you used before, but this won`t hurt your eyes, no way.

Tom