PDA

View Full Version : why so dark

explorer
08-17-2003, 07:49 PM
:bounce

Finally I learned to upload pictures but they turned out dark, can`t understand why since the originals are so bright. Any tips that will help improve this? :o

switerajaya
08-17-2003, 07:57 PM
Are you talking digital or scanned photos? You say the originals looked good, are you talking the prints look good?

explorer
08-17-2003, 07:59 PM
No it is not digital, their scaned . You can see them on my gallery..

explorer
08-17-2003, 08:01 PM
:o tried to post them here but it says their to big , reducing them will be a lesson for another day.

switerajaya
08-17-2003, 08:35 PM
I looked at the gallery photo. What software did you use? When scanning there is the histogram dialog box so that you can set the RGB correctly. Once scanned then your image editing s/w will probably have a "brightness/contrast" menu item, so that you could lighten it up. How did it look in the image editing s/w, before you saved it to a file?

Scottwax
08-17-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by explorer

:o tried to post them here but it says their to big , reducing them will be a lesson for another day.

www.xat.com has a terrific free image optimizer that you can use to crop, resize and compress pics in just seconds.

chris0626
08-17-2003, 10:19 PM
explorer, I wanted to send you a PM or e-mail, but your profile is set up to reject both of those. :( I`m moving your thread to Click & Brag, as that`s where we`re trying to put the photography questions. I understand your frustration, and know that you`ll get some good info here. :up