PDA

View Full Version : Anybody try these microfiber towels?

Maxtorque02
08-17-2003, 12:18 AM
http://www.eriecotton.com/

They have an excellent price for the towels and it`s direct from the manufacturer, so I was just wondering how good these towels might be. The more you buy the cheaper the individual towel is, as it reduces the freight cost.:D

Patrick
08-17-2003, 01:44 AM
Funny you mentioned them, Im currently corresponding with them to see if they could ship out a few towels for reviewing....

CRXSi90
08-17-2003, 09:43 AM
Hey, I wouldn`t mind 2nds of those...they are probably just edged crooked or something. Those are real cheap too. I would hope association with Kimberly Clark would make them fairly good. Tell us how it goes.

2wheelsx2
08-17-2003, 09:56 AM
When you add in shipping, they are not not much cheaper than the established favourites here, like Pakshak and JT International. Maybe $0.25 per towel cheaper.

But let us know how it goes. Might be a good one to do a group buy on.

Maxtorque02
08-17-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by 2wheelsx2

When you add in shipping, they are not not much cheaper than the established favourites here, like Pakshak and JT International. Maybe $0.25 per towel cheaper.

But let us know how it goes. Might be a good one to do a group buy on.

What are you paying for the Pakshak microfiber towels? If you buy 3 packs from Erie Towels, then it brings the cost down to under $2.60 per towel. Pretty significant savings if they are close to being comparable.:bounce

JimS
08-17-2003, 02:29 PM
Check with pakshak. Do yourself a favor and check.

Maxtorque02
08-17-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by JimS

Check with pakshak. Do yourself a favor and check.

I had checked the Pakshak site and their towels are about $4.50 each for about 10 or more towels. Is anybody getting them cheaper than their posted price?

The reason I was asking about Erie Towels was because they may very well be making some of the microfiber towels that are being sold by the detail suppliers. The resellers will try and convince you that there is a difference (and there very well may be), but often times they may also be the same towel. It`s not that uncommon.:D

JimS
08-17-2003, 08:08 PM
I`m aware of what the pakshak towels sell for on the site. I did not recommend you check the site I recommended you check with pakshak. Email or call Ranney, or send him a pm since he posts here, and tell him what you are interested in and that you are a member of Autopia. There may be a discount for Autopia members.

2wheelsx2
08-17-2003, 08:10 PM
There is definitely an Autopia discount from Ranney, but then the shipping is not free. But still an excellent deal. And his turnaround is fast.

switerajaya
08-17-2003, 08:15 PM
The light blue MF towels on that site look just like the light blue ones I have. The towels work great for the windows but the nap is not very high. You could fold the towels into quarters and it would still take like 2 folded light blue ones to equal 1 Pakshak. Just my .02 cents worth.