PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Professional Hand Polish

m3pilot
08-15-2003, 08:42 PM
I ordered a bottle of this hoping it will be a little easier to work with than #7. However, from the description of the product according to meguiar`s, they make it sound like it is an abrasive? I was looking for a pure abrasive free glaze to add a little for pop before I wax. Also, has anyone applied this with a pc? I have been applying #7 by hand, but could these products be applied using a pc and a finishing pad?

Gadfly
08-15-2003, 09:08 PM
I used #81 on my black Santa Fe after I worked on the swirls with Poorboy`s SSR2 and VM. Hand polish is even better and easier to apply than Mothers Sealer and Glaze. I was EXTREMELY pleased with the look after the #81. Two coats of UPP captured the look and added its own gloss. The car has NEVER looked better. People keep asking me when I got my new car. It`s ten months old.

Scottwax
08-15-2003, 10:22 PM
Hand Polish has extremely light cutting power and it will definitely add some `pop` prior to waxing and in addition, it is easier to work with than #7.

m3pilot
08-17-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Gadfly

I used #81 on my black Santa Fe after I worked on the swirls with Poorboy`s SSR2 and VM. Hand polish is even better and easier to apply than Mothers Sealer and Glaze. I was EXTREMELY pleased with the look after the #81. Two coats of UPP captured the look and added its own gloss. The car has NEVER looked better. People keep asking me when I got my new car. It`s ten months old.

Did you apply it by hand or use a pc?

Since it does have some cutting power is this something I want to use everytime I wax, if not how often should it be used?

airjames
08-17-2003, 04:45 PM
Depends how often you like to wax your car, IMO If your the kind you who likes to wax every 3-6 months, then I would say no it`s not necessary to use an abrasive before each waxing. Wash, clay (optional) seal, wax, and top if you wish should suffice. IMHO, An abrasive like #81 with it`s cutting power, once a yr should be plenty to keep the finish looking awesome. Just my $.02,,,,,,91

Gadfly
08-17-2003, 08:16 PM
I rather much believe that #81s "cutting power" is chemical rather than abrasive. And, I have a hunch you could use it every day and not harm the finish. Rubbing it on and off with a towel probably do more damage than the product. "Just my $0.02."

Gadfly
08-17-2003, 10:25 PM
Check this out.

http://www.showcargarage.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=627#post627

vmunoz
08-18-2003, 10:29 AM
I know when I bought #81 Hand Polish at the Meg`s distributor, I had a few questions about it. As the gentleman was answering my questions, he kept referring to it as a "glaze". And I beleive you can use a "glaze" as many times as you wax.

Take care..............V