PDA

View Full Version : mothers reflections - not coming off?

greathuskie
08-15-2003, 06:58 PM
i put this stuff on with my ROB (craftsman...i know i know im getting a PC soon!), and its extremely difficult to get off? i have no idea why???

:nixweiss

2000_EBP_civic
08-15-2003, 07:22 PM
too much product maybe??

Patrick
08-15-2003, 07:35 PM
You can run into that problem with just about any product you use too much of....Consider it a lesson learned, mist with water or QD, and bombs away, should help in removal......

kbshadow
08-15-2003, 07:41 PM
I use it all the time with my Craftsman, and no I`m not getting a PC, I tried but it was over my head, 5 nch, 6 inch backing plate,colored pads counter weights ect, to heck with it, anyway the Reflections comes off easy, when I started using it Forrest said to put it on very thin, when I started doing that it wiped right off.

Really gives my white car the wet look.

Hope this helps.

Bob

Stockton Ca

greathuskie
08-15-2003, 07:50 PM
hehehehe....my MF cloths were too dirty to take off the product

:sign

i did put it on very thing as well, and after i cleaned my towels it came off smooth as butter, car looks outstanding

i believe i have found my polish of choice from now on, the stuff goes on very easily and comes off the same

:xyxthumbs

forrest@mothers
08-15-2003, 09:25 PM
If you`re going to used a ROB, try using a foam bonnet for application (and make a thin-lined "x" across the bonnet, leaving about an inch gap from the edge), and try removal with a MF bonnet or just clean MF towel.

If you have to use any effort at all, it most likely means it went on too thick. Anything more than a haze is a waste of product.

greathuskie
08-15-2003, 09:52 PM
i put it on very thin, its an awesome product, and came off quite easy (well some was stuck but it sat for an hour and a half...it wasnt hard to get off though)