PDA

View Full Version : HELP! I`ve ruined my cloth seats....

vlcox
08-15-2003, 01:53 PM
I have an `02 Mini Cooper with black cloth seats and I just cleaned them with TurtleWax Upholstery cleaner. Now I have spots all over that look like its still wet but its not....I did this three days ago. Is this permanent damage? What can I use to get rid of it if its not? Did it react with my Scothgard you think? I use it in my house and have never had this problem. Oh please someone advise ASAP....it looks like I peed my seat!!!!

imported_Tony
08-15-2003, 02:55 PM
Most of us do not use turtlewax upholstery cleaner. If you can post what agents are in the cleaner then perhaps this will help to determine what products can help.

Be sure to look up the turtle wax web site or call them with your question.

good luck

Ryan
08-17-2003, 04:44 PM
I believe the product has soaked in the seats. You may have to find a local detailer that uses a hot water extractor to get all the product out of the seats. If its still spotted you may have discolored the fabric.

Magellan498
08-17-2003, 06:15 PM
you may have discolored the fabric

...and if that happened, then you get to dye all your seats! :D

imported_ajbarnes
08-22-2003, 09:27 PM
Sounds like your going to need the seats heat extracted. Did you use a damp cloth to clean and a dry cloth to remove excess?

vlcox
08-24-2003, 07:41 AM
I did use a dampened cloth to clean with and then rubbed over them with a dry white cloth to finish and still it stained like that. My seats are black canvas cloth with a weird kalidioscope (sp?) pattern in silver and white and the funny thing is, I can`t even notice the "stain` in certain lights but on a bright sunny day its definitley there! What I have done since is went over the seats with a wet cloth like someone here suggested I do to remove any residue that I might ahve left and it did make it better!! I was pleased! However, I am intigued by this heat extraction you have mentioned....what exactly does it do and where do you get such a thing done at?