PDA

View Full Version : Massachusetts detailers

Pages : [1] 2

mlebarron
08-15-2003, 10:48 AM
Are there any detailers out there in the Natick, MA area? Or others interested in learning? After years of wash/wax I`m finally getting into real detailing, or trying anyway, but am new to the area and have no clue of any local resources. Anyone that can and is willing to help?

:bow Thanks!

endus
08-15-2003, 10:52 AM
I haven`t been able to find a lot of great shops locally (I`m in Arlington though) so post if you find anything good. I`ve ahd to mail order most things.

My best advice is to look for Auto-Body Supply stores. I found one in Watertown that`s had a few things I needed...

unclearty
08-15-2003, 10:56 AM
I work on the Natick/Framingham border. I have found very little as far as suppliers in the area....and I work for a couple of car dealers! J&R auto body supply in Framingham, carries some stuff. There is an Autozone on rte 9 that has a few items. If you can find him, there is a guy who drives around to autobody shops...he drives a C.A.R. Detail supplies truck. He carries Meg`s stuff...a lot of it, as well as some private label stuff. There is a pro retail detailer on rte 9 across from Lee Volvo. I buy most things on-line. Hope this helps a little.

JAGOWNER1981
08-15-2003, 11:11 AM
Try C.A.P. near the framingham commuter rail station. They have the 3M line of abrasives. I also order my stuff online mostly.

mlebarron
08-29-2003, 08:36 AM
Hey guys!! Come on! Only 3 other people in Massachuesetts!?

There`s gotta be more than that! Where are you?!

chris0626
08-29-2003, 06:16 PM
mlebarron, I moved this into Pro Detailers, because the Moderators have agreed that`s the correct forum for these questions. I hope you get some good leads soon.

mlebarron
08-29-2003, 07:36 PM
Yeah... I figured it was in the wrong section... just couldn`t change it :) Thanks!

swhtech
09-03-2003, 03:22 PM
There was a place I went to once in Waltham (I think) on or near Rte. 20 called Eastern Auto parts, which had an awesome selection.....they had meguiars professional, 3m, and a very large selection. I haven`t been there in over a year, and the link I had to their website does not work anymore....check the yellow pages. BTW, I live in MetroWest.

larry_bar56
09-03-2003, 05:01 PM
There is an auto body supply shop in Marlborough called Finishmaster. They have a decent selection of stuff and can usually get anything they don`t have on hand for you. The owner`s name is Jeff (a good guy). You should be able to find the phone number on-line.

00maxgle
09-03-2003, 09:42 PM
swhtech is right. There is a place in Waltham called Eastern Auto at 220 Felton St. (781) 647-0600. I was there in June getting DACP and Meguiar`s #82 Swirl Free Polish. They carry the full line of Meguiar`s professional products and alot of 3M products.

I go to the C.A.P. near the Framingham train station for Lexol.

I stop by AutoZone to pick up Clay Magic clay bars.

Everything else, I get online.

Another Metrowester checking in!

DaGonz
09-04-2003, 06:47 PM
Another one of "us" mad detailers from MetroWest!

FredBro
09-09-2003, 09:44 AM
OK! I don`t want to be lurking any more! I was born and brought up in Marlborough and now live in Lowell. There is a place here and I`ll check it out today and post here again.

I`m also going to Lowe`s in Woburn to get a porter cable today (I`m an instant gratification kind of guy!)

Fred Brodeur

SuperBuick
09-09-2003, 10:02 AM
I guess I`d call myself fairly professional. Check out my photos for some of my work. A good place to get stuff is at speed shack in Norwood, they carry most of the products we use, though lately I have been ordering online.

-Tom

JAGOWNER1981
09-09-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by SuperBuick

I guess I`d call myself fairly professional. Check out my photos for some of my work. A good place to get stuff is at speed shack in Norwood, they carry most of the products we use, though lately I have been ordering online.

-Tom

speedshack is WAY overpriced. I would never purchase anything there! Their service is also pretty lame.

Glossequation
09-09-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by swhtech

There was a place I went to once in Waltham (I think) on or near Rte. 20 called Eastern Auto parts, which had an awesome selection.....they had meguiars professional, 3m, and a very large selection. I haven`t been there in over a year, and the link I had to their website does not work anymore....check the yellow pages. BTW, I live in MetroWest.

I`ll second Eastern Auto Parts in Waltham. They have an amazing supply of stuff. I go there whenever time permits (usually on the weekends).

Why don`t you go to Scrub a Dub?? ha ha ha ha, j/k :down