PDA

View Full Version : Question About S100 Paste Wax

Pages : [1] 2

PNJBi
08-14-2003, 01:12 PM
Will applying the S100 Carnuba Paste Wax minimize swirl marks? Or hide most of them? I`ve already applied 4 coats of zaino z5.

biff
08-14-2003, 01:32 PM
It will "hide" some swirls as will most waxes, but after one or two washes, they`ll be visible again.

Pats300zx
08-14-2003, 04:16 PM
I don`t think S100 is going to fill in any of your swirls when you wax. You might want to try a glaze underneath of the wax as a temporary fix. Megs #7 or 3M IHG are good choices. Both have fillers that fill in minor swirls.

PNJBi
08-15-2003, 09:13 AM
1. Will using Megs #7 or 3M IHG work applying over a car with zaino?

2. Can I strip the zaino and apply the Megs #7 or 3M IHG and then reapply the zaino right on top of it?

Thanks.

imported_Tony
08-15-2003, 11:22 AM
No...#7 has oils that will not let a polymer bond to the surface.

imported_uber
08-15-2003, 06:51 PM
If I could ask another question regarding S100 while we`re on the topic. I waxed my MDX using S100 for the first time and used the whole container, is that using too much wax? I`ve read that it goes a long way leading me to believe I used too much. Thanks.

Redcar GUY
08-15-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by NozeBleedSpeed

:eek:

Ya that may be a little to much.........:eek:

imported_uber
08-15-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Redcar GUY

Ya that may be a little to much.........:eek:

Well, it is a pretty small jar.:)

Tim Lingor
08-15-2003, 07:52 PM
Hey!

1. S100 will not hide swirls as it does not have any filling properties. You need a glaze like IHG or Meg`s: #3, #7, or #81.

2. Yes you CAN put a Polymer such as Meguiar`s #20 over #7 Show Car Glaze. HOWEVER, I Have NO idea about Zaino. But with the Meguiar`s, you can.

3. A WHOLE JAR???? :shocked Yup, that is a wee too much! I have done my F250 Super Duty super cab 4x4 at least 6 times and still have well over half a jar left.

CRXSi90
08-15-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by 2hotford

3. A WHOLE JAR???? :shocked Yup, that is a wee too much! I have done my F250 Super Duty super cab 4x4 at least 6 times and still have well over half a jar left.

...oh, you said MDX...my bad :cool: It seems to me that you can apply it pretty thin and still have it cover well. In my experience, some have to be put on thick to cover well, but this is not true with S100 for me. Did you use the enclosed applicator? (not that it makes any difference, just wondering...)

Better luck with your next jar! :xyxthumbs

Deanski
08-15-2003, 10:32 PM
You can go ahead and polish/glaze your finish, just remove any remaining oils with either a Dawn wash or a water/alcohol mix. This is to prep for Zaino so it will bond again correctly.

Depending on the swirls or spyder marks, Z5 will hide some, but to obtain the best effect with Zaino or really any wax or sealant, try to remove as much as possible so you don`t have to "hide" them.

3M PIII-MG will remove fine swirls/spyder marks and leaves a nice gloss, but can be augmented and improved with a finer glaze.

Which ever one you choose, just get all the oils off from the polish/glaze, then Zaino away!

Regards,

Deanski

Scottwax
08-15-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by feliz

If I could ask another question regarding S100 while we`re on the topic. I waxed my MDX using S100 for the first time and used the whole container, is that using too much wax? I`ve read that it goes a long way leading me to believe I used too much. Thanks.

http://www.users.on.net/madmike/images/posts/smilies/eye_poping_thing.gif

You should be able to wax an MDX at least 30 times with one jar. You apply very thing layers. Anything more and you are wasting product.

imported_NHBFAN
08-15-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by feliz

I waxed my MDX using S100 for the first time and used the whole container, is that using too much wax? I`ve read that it goes a long way leading me to believe I used too much. Thanks.

NozeBleedSpeed - I like your response ... you took the words right out of my mouth!

feliz - How many bundles of MF towels did you use in removing the jar of S100?

Betsy02
08-15-2003, 10:52 PM
A whole jar of S100 is quite a bit for one waxing. I have more than a half of a jar left after waxing a half dozen times. :D

andriver
08-15-2003, 11:10 PM
Applying it thin and letting it haze for over an hour works for me.