PDA

View Full Version : Do you have to use GEPC with SFP??

Deep_Freeze
08-14-2003, 12:17 AM
I was wondering, all of my work on my car is by hand for the time being, so I am always looking for steps that I can save on til I can buy a PC. I have several layers of s100 on my car right now, but I was wondering, when I use SFP to get some swirls out, do I need to follow that with GEPC (s100 version)???

Right now, I am leaning towards a SFP, Final Polish (or another poly), and s100. My car is relatively new, so I am also undecided on whether I need DACP or SFP. Since I am doing this by hand, and my car isn`t that bad off with swirls and such, I really don`t know what to use. I need something that can work by hand and don`t know if the SFP is too mild or what. Thoughts???

Deep_Freeze
08-14-2003, 02:41 PM
Come on guys, give me some love!!! :bounce

Have another problem now, I was experimenting with xylene to increase my octane in my gas, and guess what, accidently got it on the car. :scared :( :nono

Now I feel like a real dumba**, cause I wasn`t even thinking about it is also used as a paint thinner. I washed it off with soap and water immediately, but there are like drop marks down the side by the gas tank. Now, any normal person wouldn`t notice it, you have to get real close to see it, but I know it is there, so that is all that matters, lol. What a freakin` idiot I am, thinking about Fast and Furious too much and now I mess up my paint. :angry

Anyway, now the only thing I can do is used DACP or maybe SPF, who knows. :(

shaf
08-14-2003, 08:10 PM
Remember: If you`re not sure, try the gentler method first. Use SFP, and then DACP if that doens`t work fast enough. GEPC afterwards will probably help the appearance, but you don`t *have* to do it.

Deep_Freeze
08-14-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by 4DSC

Remember: If you`re not sure, try the gentler method first. Use SFP, and then DACP if that doens`t work fast enough. GEPC afterwards will probably help the appearance, but you don`t *have* to do it.

Ohhhhhh, man, a response to my post, I`m sooo happy, heh. :D

Yeah, I was thinking that the GEPC would be wasted cause it is a cleaner, and I assume that the DACP or SPF would do that. Plus, the SPF does leave a little polish, so using GEPC after the SPF would take that polish off.