PDA

View Full Version : Water spots

Davidpbj
08-13-2003, 08:52 PM
Anybody know how to get REALLY well set water spots out. I`ve read alot on this site and others and tried vinegar (white distilled, 5% acid) and it barely phases the spots. My 2001 Mustang sat parked for a while while I was TDY and I didn`t notice the sprinkler head right next to it. So I`ve got about a 3 month accumulation of water spots on my front fenders (hood just got repainted for warranty repair) What is the best way to apply the vinegar and/or is there something better than vinegar to be had at a decent price? I understand that the deposits will etch the paint, but I must have water spots on top of water spots because I barely made a dent in 2 hours of scrubbing with vinegar. Also, the texture of the paint feels rough compared to the freshly painted hood. I appreciate any help you guys can offer

shaf
08-14-2003, 07:34 PM
You can also try: Claying, AutoInt`s ABC system, or the spots may have damaged the paint, in which case you`re wasting your time and will need to polish them out. Try a search for "water spots" or "waterspots" for some good advice and suggestions.