PDA

View Full Version : 303 on shoes?

Chris2pher
08-13-2003, 07:36 AM
While I was looking at my leather black shoes, I get this wierd idea. Can I apply 303 on the rubber part of shoes not the bottom b/c that`s going to rub off anyway; just the sides and top of the rubber that holds the shoe. Will it do more harm than good if this shoe is a natural rubber latex (mephisto)?

spotter
08-13-2003, 07:51 AM
I have been using it on the leather of the shoes for over a year and it is great. I also use it on my leather golf bag and my golf shoes.....everything cleans up much easier with 303 on to protect because the dirt and dust does not accumulate as easily. The 303 is great on just about any kind of leather except suede. It also works really well on my outdoor jacuzzi cover. If it is vinyl or leather, I don`t hesitate to put 303 on it (I bought a gallon and it will probably last longer than I do).

JasonC8301
08-13-2003, 07:52 AM
I don`t see any harm in it. It may be a bit splotchy, but a buff down should provide a nice even black tone.

I personally use Meguiar`s #7 and Souveran paste wax on my shoes followed by Kiwi Honorguard liquid edge and sole dressing on the rubber parts to provide a really high gloss to match the shoe (which is made of poromeric, think high gloss vinyl/man made leather.)

On myblack boots though, I spit shine it with Kiwi original paste wax and dress the edges with the Kiwi edge and sole stuff I mentioned above.

For normal use however, 303 should be ok. If it doesn`t look good, it`ll wear away quickly.

Jason

biff
08-13-2003, 08:49 AM
Eagle One Leather Cleaner and Conditioner works AMAZINGLY well on leather shoes, wallets and even jackets. I find it adds a lot of softness to the leather.

Thomasfl
08-13-2003, 09:23 AM
yeah I use that 303 trick when I have an important meeting and I don`t have time to properly shine my shoes. I keep a small bottle in my desk with a MF. I also use the 303 on my leather office chair and use Stoner`s IG on the glass desktop. I once Poorboy`d the bottom of my desk but that was only because I received a UPS order and was anxious to try a few things. BTW I never told anyone I did this, sometimes it`s better to keep things to yourself.

endus
08-13-2003, 10:01 AM
Ha! I love non-automotive uses for detailing products.

I used Blitz Wax on my i95cl (cell phone) on the front shiny plastic part. Worked good!

I`ve tried to use polish to take scratches out of CD`s, but I`ve never been successfull.

303 is good for a million different things. Really good product that definitely isn`t just for the car.

huangdong28
08-13-2003, 04:45 PM
Note that 303 recommends their High Tech Fabric Guard for "unfinished" leathers. They say if it passes the drop test (a drop of water beads) to use the Aerospace protectant. If it does not (the drop soaks in, such as for suede) use the Fabric product.

Chris2pher
08-14-2003, 12:52 AM
Thanks for all the replies. I will feel a lot better using 303 on my shoes.