PDA

View Full Version : Advice for using Plexus or Novus

AREITU
08-13-2003, 05:16 AM
I`ve done the searches, but there`s one question I have that I haven`t found the answer to. I have some scratches on clear plastic in the interior of my car, and I`m going to get Plexus or Novus #1, along with some MF to clear them up.

However, I was wondering wether those products would clean up clear matte plastic? Would it change the matte surface or go straight for the scratches?

By the way, can anybody recommend a product that would protect the dash from heavy sunlight and UV rays?

Pats300zx
08-13-2003, 06:32 AM
Novus is for use on all plastics. Its a great product. I would try their #2 and follow up with the #1 if your scratches are not to bad.

As far as something for your dash with UV protection, I would recommend 303.

Hope it helps.

BoxsterCharlie
08-13-2003, 06:58 AM
Just to add to that, think of the Novus products as polish and Plexus as your swirl-hiding "wax"

303 rocks for matte surfaces!

imported_Kyle
08-13-2003, 09:16 PM
Novus is the one of my favorite product. I just used them last week with PC for the headlight.

I think plexus has UV protection but i`m not sure. I love the smell though :) I use 303 for my dash.

chris0626
08-13-2003, 11:10 PM
I`ve tried Novus #1, Plexus, and Zaino plastic "polishes." None of them did anything but shine (and Plexus seemed to give the best shine) -- no scratch removal that I could discern. But I applied only by hand, not PC, since I was working on parts where a PC couldn`t fit.

MildSeven which Novus did you use? -- #1, 2, or 3? Maybe I just need to upgrade.

BTW, I also seem to remember a recent thread where somebody used a Mother`s metal polish (Mag/Aluminum?) to great effect on some yellowed, scratched-up headlight covers.

imported_Kyle
08-13-2003, 11:21 PM
I got this small size novus #3,2,1 (Novus Polish sampler) from http://www.airsource1.com/. it`s good size for me. and since I spilled all of #1 one day, I got new one from Harley D. shop. but if you have heavy plastic scratches(ex, from sanding the headlight etc..), try from #3 then #2 & #1.

chris0626
08-13-2003, 11:49 PM
So did you start with #3 with the PC to achieve that awesome transformation on your headlight covers?

imported_Kyle
08-13-2003, 11:56 PM
I usually use them by hand and I get good result.

I alwasy wanted to try with PC and while I was polishing my car, I tried with PC. It was so easy :)

chris0626
08-14-2003, 12:02 AM
AREITU, you might also want to keep an eye on this emerging thread: http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26976

endus
08-14-2003, 07:44 AM
I just ordered #1, #2, and Plexus yesterday. My plan, based on searching and product descriptions was to use them as BoxsterCharlie described. I am psyched...I hadn`t even thought of my sunroof wind deflector! I am hoping to get some minor scratches out of the black semi-gloss plastic in my center console...doing my headlights couldn`t hurt either. I can`t wait until these arrive...

n2_space
08-14-2003, 09:36 AM
Plexus is a cleaner and protectant. If they are already cloudy, Plexus won`t do much. I use it on my new car to keep them from getting that way.