PDA

View Full Version : Where do you get the blue tape

Alexaris
08-12-2003, 06:06 PM
i was wondering where I can buy the blue tape to cover the trims.

This weekend Im going to Mcallen, Tx. Any Ideas.

Autozone

Pep boyz

Wallmart

Thx:D

JasonC8301
08-12-2003, 06:09 PM
Walmart might have it in the painting section.

Staples is where I got mine less than $4 for 60 yards of 1 inch think blue 3M painters tape.

Alexaris
08-12-2003, 06:13 PM
Jason

For you to know.

This weekend Im going to pick up my Complete Kit, and Im going to use it on Sunday. That is why I need the blue tape

It is

PC 7424 Ultimate

CMA pads

AIO

Klasse

Z6

Z7

Z5

Z2

ZFX

DACP

MAgic Clay

What do you think

:bounce

russ968
08-12-2003, 06:37 PM
Home Depot will have it...Good luck this weekend. :up

BradE
08-12-2003, 07:15 PM
Yes, Home Depot carries it. Just about any hardware store should have it. It`s in the paint section, it`s called Painters Tape. :up

JasonC8301
08-13-2003, 07:07 AM
Alexaris,

I think you are good (for the dark green sunfire and silver Audi A4 was it?) I will also recommend some #82 Swirl Free Polish. DACP is pretty strong, and sometimes on certain finishes it will leave behind a fine haze, #82 should remove that. Also a nice small bottle of Dawn original blue (12 ounces or so.) This is to wash the car after you clay and polish it before starting Zaino. Thats about it, wash car with regular car wash soap, clay, polish, Dawn wash, Z away.

Good luck!

Jason

PS. My Home Depot has it, BUT only available in 1 and 1/2 inch or 2 inch widths.

DaGonz
08-13-2003, 08:37 AM
Any hardware store, Home Depot/Lowe`s/Hechingers or paint store will carry the 3m Blue painters masking tape.

Taking a few minutes to tape off mouldings saves hours of getting wax and sealants off of them!

Alexaris
08-13-2003, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the info Im going to check them this saturday.

Jason I already have the clay and dawn. Im going to post some pics next monday.

Question (yellow pad-dacp, white pad-AiO, grey pad-sealant)

right

I heard about using dacp with white pad after dacp with yellow could improve the finish without using the swirl remover. its that true. or using the AIO with yellow pad could help it

JasonC8301
08-13-2003, 09:44 AM
Klasse AIO with the PC won`t remove swirls, but does more for oxidation.

I would recommend DACP with a foam cutting pad, then try #82 (only $15 for a quart) with a foam polishing pad, then Klasse AIO with a foam polishing pad. I like to apply Klasse SG and Zaino by hand but you can use it with a foam finishing pad if you want, just don`t mix products on pads. I was my pads after each use.

Make sure you work in the polishes though, I keep my PC at 6 so much to work at swirls that the 6 is rubbed off of my PC.

Now my PC is used as a finishing buffer with a very fine swirl remover or glaze because I use a hi-speed to remove the swirls and defects.

Alexaris
08-13-2003, 09:54 AM
Jason

which one is better 82 or #9

Thanx