PDA

View Full Version : Spray and Wash on MF?

jon_fl
08-28-2004, 12:29 AM
Anybody try Sray and Wash on MF? For washing, will any liquid soap do, even ones with bleach that is advertised safe for colors? :cool

edschwab1
08-28-2004, 01:11 AM
I use woolite to wash my MF`s. If your towels have stains you could try using spray and wash, but I use Murphy`s oil, simple green or Awesome for stains. After using any of stain removing products I wash the load twice.

Eric

III
08-28-2004, 12:41 PM
I`ve used goo gone in the past with no problems. Just make sure you wash with soap and water really well afterward. Somehow a sticker got attatched to one of my towels and when I pulled it off the adhesive still remained. The goo gone worked.

Woob
08-28-2004, 01:12 PM
Cool. Tide/Murphy Oil/MicroRestore are in my cleaning regiment. Everyone says Woolite is good wondering if I should pick it up.

Is this Spray and Wipe? I`m sorta lost. Don`t use bleach! I wouldn`t risk it.

awd330
08-28-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Woob Fuzzard
Is this Spray and Wipe? I`m sorta lost.
I think jon_fl is referring to the laundry stain remover called Spray `n Wash. It comes in a green spray bottle and can be commonly found in the laundry detergent aisles. Here is a picture of my bottle. :D No, I haven`t tried the product with my MF towels. I usually just use liquid Tide with Bleach Alternative for washing my towels. If a towel is particularly dirty, I will hand wash in the sink with Dawn dishwashing liquid and Murphy Oil Soap before tossing it into the washing machine with the rest of the towels.

glossboss
08-28-2004, 02:38 PM
Make sure you use a soap that DOESN`T have any fabric softeners in it. I washed mine with some and they were loaded with the crap. Streaks everywhere. I wash mine with a commercial ZEP detergent, and then wash them again (no soap) using hot water.

jon_fl
08-28-2004, 05:46 PM
awd, is photography a hobby when you`re not detailing cars? Yes, that`s a great photo of the Spray & Wash I`m talking about. I couldn`t have described it any better. :bigups

awd330
08-28-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by jon_fl
awd, is photography a hobby when you`re not detailing cars? Yes, that`s a great photo of the Spray & Wash I`m talking about. I couldn`t have described it any better. :bigups
Yes, detailing cars and photography are among my many hobbies. :)