PDA

View Full Version : Viking Sure Grip Allpicator Pad

Pages : [1] 2

JimS
08-12-2003, 10:32 AM
I used one of these 5" foam applicator pads for the first time while applying yet another coat of EX last Saturday.

This pad has a "Sure Grip" foam handle that makes application much easier and faster than a regular ole yellow foam applicator.

I had absolutely no complaints about this applicator and the job went much more quickly and easily. Sure Grip means what it says. It was very easy to hold, didn`t drop it once, and since I was able to grip the top of it the whole 5" wide surface made contact with the paint making the job go much more efficiently (no missed spots because of folding the applicator) and it was easier and quicker.

It spread the product very evenly and smoothly with no instances of streaking due to product getting lodged in one section of the pad. I applied the EX to the pad and then folded the pad over onto itself to distibute the product, then applied to the section of paint. I thought this pad did a much better and easier job than the normal ole foam pad I`d been accustomed to using. It was also easy to wash out using Dawn.

I really liked this Viking Sure Grip Applicator Pad.....I`m a happy consumer Viking people!

imported_Macgirl
08-12-2003, 11:16 AM
I love the concept of this pad, only problem is it didn`t work at all with my einszett Glanz Wax. The wax didn`t really want to soak into the foam and thus it would run when I went to apply it to the car and the application wasn`t even. The foam on the Viking seemed harder and less dense than that of the standard yellow foam pad. I found the old yellow foam pad to work better with the Glanz Wax. I still will use it though when I apply #26, hope it works as well as you report.

Spilchy
08-12-2003, 11:25 AM
I use it strictly for paste applications, not liquid. It fits perfectly in my can of Blitz. I leave the Blitz in the sun for 15 minutes and then place the applicator in the can and twist a couple times. A uniform coat of wax is applied and then spread on the car with ease.

Glossequation
08-12-2003, 11:34 AM
I also exclusively use and like the Viking sure grip. My hands are too big for the flat foam Meguiar`s pads and they cramp up to easily. Plus they are a bit flimsy so if the surface is not slick or there is not enough paste on that pad, it will tend to "fold over" and piss me off. You can also only use about 1/8th of the Meg`s pad because you have to grip something, and often its the underside of the pad. I do use them however for things such as the dash, etc. I can actually squeeze the handle on the Viking pad to get any extra stuff that may still be on it and the pad stays relatively flat.

Thumbs up for the Viking Sure Grip!! :up

debric
08-12-2003, 12:41 PM
I am pleased to hear you like the product. When people speak on this board manufacturers listen.:xyxthumbs

JimS
08-12-2003, 02:20 PM
Hey Viking.....Will you be attending the Autopian clambake of St. Louis area members in Sept?

debric
08-12-2003, 03:48 PM
Once a date is set then I will be able to know whether I would be able to make the gathering or not.

Scott P
08-12-2003, 05:05 PM
The Viking Sure Grip is my favorite applicator. It works well with any of the products I`ve used. With its dense foam, you can really get thin coats of Zaino.

tcfool
08-12-2003, 05:49 PM
Yes Sir I concur as well... I can apply my Zaino coats better and even throughout... no grip and finger fatigue issues as well... nice product for sure...

TC

:xyxthumbs

rstype
08-12-2003, 06:15 PM
Anyone experience marring on soft, black paints from this applicator? If you`re talking about the black and grey "doorknob" ones, I`m hesitant to use them. They`re not the softest...

TortoiseAWD
08-12-2003, 07:21 PM
Another ditto on this applicator for Zaino application . . . I usually use my PC for applying these days, but when I was applying by hand, these apps were my favorite.

Tort

shaf
08-12-2003, 10:26 PM
Psst! ;)

In case people have trouble finding this: http://www.autopia-carcare.com/auhaap.html

I don`t know if they are the same thing, but wow, they sure look similar! :D

(No, I don`t get paid to pimp David`s stuff, but wish I was.... ;) )

JimS
08-13-2003, 06:32 AM
Yep....that`s the one. Igot mine at Auto Zone.

Pats300zx
08-13-2003, 11:36 AM
I love those things. I have like 3 or 4. I use them mostly for putting on Klasse SG and AIO. I find they are too big to fit in my jars of S100 and Pinnacle Souveran.

kompressornsc
08-14-2003, 07:04 AM
I`ve got a couple as well for applying my Z. Makes the application (with a spritz of Z6) go about twice as fast as with the Z applicator. One of my favorite things is that you can squeeze the narrow part to change the shape to get into tight areas, or get a small contact area for narrow strips. I`ve tried applying Z four different ways, and here`s about how much it took: MF-big mistake! 2 oz....Z applicator-1 oz....yellow foam 1/2 oz...Viking pad 1/4 oz. with some left over. I laugh when I look at how little I can put in that little bottle and cover my car now.:)