PDA

View Full Version : Wife caught using QD spray!

imported_Luster
08-11-2003, 01:02 PM
I was out of town last week and I got home about 2 hours earlier than expected.

My black Grand Prix was parked in the garage when I hit the garage door remote, and suddenly to my eyes did appear...........MY WIFE QD`ing the CAR!!!

She had gone to the store and parked really far out in the lot. When she came out the SPRINKLER SYSTEM had hit it. (Middle of the afternoon, no less!)

She got home and immediately QD`d the trunk, rear bumper and eventually the entire car.........

PAM.........YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

Fortunately, the water spots weren`t baked or etched in yet........

I have been blessed with a great wife!

SK2003TypeS
08-11-2003, 01:33 PM
...and parked really far out in the lot :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

Great to hear that ! I guess she figured you would`ve freaked when you got home.

imported_Luster
08-11-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by SK2003TypeS

freaked when you got home.

I believe she used those exact words!

Blue-Sun
08-11-2003, 01:46 PM
at least she appreciates the amount of time and effort that you put into the car.

you`ve got a keeper there. . .

andriver
08-11-2003, 02:04 PM
I`ve given my wife a bottle SW & QS to carry in her mustang. Guess what? She uses this mixture for bird bombs, etc. It sure is satifying to see that my wife maintains her mustang between washes and detailing.

boarderx
08-11-2003, 02:15 PM
Great wife Luster!

My wife tried that once on some big bird droppings - without the QD spray! :shocked I told her to either use QD or wait until she gets home so that I can do it.

I`ve also "taught" my wife to park either on an end space or far away from everyone. She doesn`t even get mad when we go somewhere and I park real far away. Sometimes I try to find a close space and she tells me I should`ve park way out in nowhere.

unclearty
08-11-2003, 02:24 PM
Hey, Luster!!..is your wife married???....happily?? The day my wife wipes my car down with QD, there will be peace on earth! She once took a couple of people from her office out to show what I had done the night before. When she got out to the black Benz, there was a fine coating of dust from the construction site across the parking lot. She took her hand and wiped the dust off and said, "see how shiny it looks?" It took me an hour and a half to re-buff the scratches out and re Blackfire it.

Sounds like you`ve got a real keeper there.

rdtjr
08-11-2003, 03:35 PM
Another reason to love MY wife:

We were washing the new car for the first time this weekend. She says, "I really like washing the car. You know, we need to buy another brush so I can help scrub the wheels!" Did I mention she likes applying Gummipflege?:xyxthumbs

imported_Aurora40
08-11-2003, 04:26 PM
Wow, that`s awesome. My wife can appreciate the time I spend, and she`d probably park my car far away, but no way she`d try to QD it...

InfamousDX
08-11-2003, 07:20 PM
Sorry for the n00bishness but what is QD or the other letters you speak of? I`m guessing it`s some sort of quick detailing substance? Thanks.

-Mike

Pats300zx
08-11-2003, 07:26 PM
Wow...I true keeper indeed.. Mine would have asked "Whats Quick Detaling?" lol...:D

imported_Luster
08-11-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by InfamousDX

Sorry for the n00bishness but what is QD or the other letters you speak of? I`m guessing it`s some sort of quick detailing substance? Thanks.

-Mike

ALL NOOOOBIES WELCOME!!!

QD`s are Quick Detailing sprays, just as you suspected!

Some common ones are

Eagle One Wet Wipe `n Shine

Mother`s Showtime

Zaino Z6

Poorboys Wipe `n Shine

Meguiar`s Quik Detailer

Etc...

Welcome to Autopia!!!!!!!:wavey :cool: :cool:

Deanski
08-11-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by InfamousDX

-Mike

Here is the list:What the hell are you talking about? (http://www.autopia.org/display.php?file=acronyms.htm)

Enjoy

Regards,

Deanski

godofthunder
08-11-2003, 10:25 PM
Actualy, we just bought everything for my GFs house, so she can do stuff on her own, and so i dont have to haul everything over to do her truck.

She also bought some Megs QD, so she can remove bird bombs on first notice. She also asked me to move away, so she could QD the truck the other day.

Jon