PDA

View Full Version : "Wax as you Dry" didn`t work for me!

imported_NHBFAN
08-10-2003, 11:44 PM
Well I guess I have to be the odd ball. After reading several excellent reviews on Wax as you Dry I decided to try it.

Unfortuantely, it smeared and left terrible wax marks. Glad it only cost $4 or $5. I don`t know what I did wrong. I used it very sparingly and buffed out with MF. Won`t be using it again.

Luckly, FI rescued my shine.

Patrick
08-11-2003, 03:18 PM
Wow, well theres always a compatability issue, somewhere, I guess you found it......Did you read my review ? I would hate to be responsible for you buying it, and it not working ! I hope you had a base coat of something on your paint. I would never use it as a base wax, just a topper/maintainer.....I used it as a QD over the weekend, and was extremely impressed with that !

rstype
08-11-2003, 03:21 PM
You know you`re supposed to spray it on a wet car, right? What wax did you have on that car? Was it in good condition? If you want something like FI, Eagle One makes Wipe `n Shine.

imported_Larry A
08-11-2003, 03:30 PM
You have to use it on a wet car and you must use very little of it .3 sprays on the sides and 1 spray on each hood roof and trunk, less is more .If you use it dry it will streak.You can follow with Wipe n Shine that will take care of all the streakes.

AkronSi
08-11-2003, 03:46 PM
I`ve used a little more than one squirt on the flat surfaces (hood, roof, etc..) but, it`s always turned out great. I use a couple waffle weave towels and find that if I do an initial wipe and then a follow up wipe with a dry towel that it looks great.

Corey Bit Spank
08-11-2003, 04:50 PM
I always found that it makes it more difficult to dry the car.

Patrick
08-11-2003, 04:53 PM
You know you`re supposed to spray it on a wet car, right?

Au contrare (sp)

Those were my thoughts also, re-read the directions, it can be applied on a dry car as well, it works very well on dry, if you have a base wax..............I use it both ways.....Stuff works awesome as a QD.............(IF YOU HAVE A BASE WAX)

RobD
08-11-2003, 06:53 PM
I agree with Patrick. Lately, I`ve been using it on a dry finish and as long as I don`t use too much of it, it works without streaking. Did you shake it before using?

jerry@robs
08-16-2003, 06:10 AM
works great for me, wet or dry... i use it dry in the engine compartment and wet on the car surface after washing... ok so far.

Myles
08-16-2003, 07:11 AM
I use it just after i have hosed the car off. I use thick cotton towels then finish with microfibre.

Ive been impressed, not sure how long it lasts. And man that smell permeates everything.

jerry@robs
08-17-2003, 09:07 PM
the smell smells like the wax sprayed in auto-carwashes... But so far, it`s working well for me...

AVOID spraying on windshields, though... even the overspray caused quite a bit of smearing.

Patrick
08-18-2003, 10:04 AM
Hmmm, I use it on windows with no ill effects.....