PDA

View Full Version : What`s your recipe for leather maintenance

pingable
08-10-2003, 10:38 PM
I currently have beige leather and I use Griots Interior Cleaner when it`s real dirty and do a wipedown with a wet cloth every time I wash the car - which is weekly.

Every 2 months, I give it a light coating with Griots Conditioner until the leather stops soaking it in and buff the excess off.

I know there`s alot of Leatherique followers in here. I know this stuff is great for old unkept leather but how`s the result with *new maintened* leathers. Will I benefit by switching over to Leatherique`s product. At this point someone`s going to chime in to just buy it and give it a try....but I have plenty of cleaner and conditioner left to last me awhile.

What`s your receipe that you use on your leather seats ?

Anthony O.
08-10-2003, 10:51 PM
Chef,

My leather cleaning/conditioning is Top of the Lines "Deep Down" for the cleaning and Platinums Leather Conditioner for the protecting.

I used to use Pinnacles Leather Conditioner for years but found the Platinum to be much better in application, finish and smell. Pinnacle would also smear and streak on the dark colors but the Platinum never does.

Platinum also has just put out a new leather cleaner that works really great plus it smells so good you almost want to drink it!

Anthony

pingable
08-10-2003, 10:58 PM
so tell me.....what does it smell like.

While I haven`t used that many leather conditioners on the market, I stuck with Griots as it leaves a nice smell IMO. Almost like the smell when you pick up a brand new car..

imported_killerjg
08-10-2003, 11:02 PM
Tried Pinnacle, most of the Mequiar`s stuff and settled on Zaino.

Ocassional Z9 very light wipe almost weekly with Z10. Really impressive stuff, smells great.

Will also throw the 303 on once in a while, not so hot in the smell dept.

Just added Einszett to the lineup, will let you know on that one.

Anthony O.
08-11-2003, 12:53 AM
The Platinum Conditioner has a great smell to it, like that of new leather but not to overpowering.

Anthony

MBZ 500E
08-11-2003, 09:42 AM
I agree the Griots Conditioner is what a leather conditioner should smell like! I`ve also found the Griots Conditioner has a very mild cleaning ability so that is all I use anymore.

SP 325i
08-11-2003, 10:31 AM
I don`t know whether this is available in the US but over here in the UK the best stuff(in my opinion) is Gliptones - they have a website. This works really well and gives that new leather smell. The cleaner is only needed occassionally and the conditioner can be used as desired. The conditioner soaks in real good and doesn`t smear .

www.liquidleather.com

Steve

dwheater
08-11-2003, 12:50 PM
I use Lexol which was recommended by the dealership were I bought my car. I have also tried EO. I like the Lexol better. The Lexol has kind of a weird scent but not bad.

I have some small stains on my arm rest that nether product was able to get out. The stains are in the back if the arm rest and the top of the seat where I really don`t know what could have caused them. I bought this vehicle used. I`m still in search of a magic cleaner that can get these out.

Jeff