PDA

View Full Version : Going from Zaino to Klass

PETERC4CAB
08-10-2003, 08:14 PM
I have a new black car and have been using Zaino.

However, I find that I have too much swirl marks building up and are going to detail my car with smr and pi III. I`ve even bought my self a PC.

Now here is my problem. I`ve decide to go the Klass route with a final coat of carnuba. Do I have to remove what ever Zaino I`ve had on the car? If so, how do I do that??

Thanks in advance for helping out a newbie.

Peter Liao

Deanski
08-10-2003, 08:27 PM
If you are going to polish, you will remove it.

If you are using PIII-MG, you will also remove the swirls if they are not that bad. The SMR will only fill the swirls. So if you really want to remove them, and the PIII-MG may or may not get it all out, you could just start with DACP, then PIII-MG followed by a glaze. Then you could really enjoy the new Zaino, if not, nothing wrong with the Klasse, in fact it`s pretty damn good.

Just use the right pads (yellow cutting for bad swirls/defects) White for the light polishing etc.

Enjoy the new PC!

Regards,

Deanski

PETERC4CAB
08-10-2003, 08:36 PM
Thaks Deanski for the advise.

I`ve already have PIII-MG. and since my car is new and the swirl is light. I think white pad with PIII should get it out.... (hopefully)

If not.. I guess I`ll have to go find some DACP...

Thanks again.

Peter

Deanski
08-10-2003, 08:53 PM
If the car is new and swirls are light, the 3M PIII-MG will remove them. You can use the white pad, just use a bit more downward pressure as you run the PC until it breaks down. Check the area. If it has reduced the swirls, but some remain, it will take several attempts on that one area B4 they are fully gone. If time is of the essence, switch to DACP, and let it break down fully to a powder.

I used Menz FP after the 3M PIII-MG with a grey pad as I wanted just the polish to work the finish and not both pad/polish. This made it like a mirror. If you can`t get Menz FP, you could use Megs #7 or hand glaze, or Megs Machine Glaze.

Here`s a link for really good info on the PC use:

How to use the PC (http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/detailing/forum.php?postid=1430487&page=1)

Now go and get those swirls out!

Regards,

Deanski