PDA

View Full Version : 91 Celica, My first PC job.

kermada
08-10-2003, 06:45 PM
My PC training car. It was not as intimidating as I though and, of course, all the great advice from the gusy who post, made the process very easy. Kept the work area small, used very little product, and used QD before applying product.

Used the white pads that Costal gave with the PC and Meguires Swirl remover and Gold Classic to finish it off.

Took off some paint where the hood bends down for the wipers, so now I know what to avoid ( sparp angles ). Took a lot of time on the hood where I started. Mostly getting used to the machine. Wrote an "S" on one pad and "W" on the other, as suggested to only use one product on a pod. Found that if the letter was not moving, I was applying too much pressure, and eased up to see the letter spinning.

This car has not been washed in two years and sat out side the whole time. So the pads are covered in red, not sure if I can use them on any other car now.

switerajaya
08-10-2003, 06:56 PM
That is a nice job. :xyxthumbs What products did you use the pc with? Did you finish any product by hand?

kermada
08-10-2003, 07:08 PM
Used the PC to apply the Meguires Swirl Remover and an MF to wipe down, Working in small areas, like the hood in three parts, and using the techniques recommended by carfly, made the wipe off very easy. Did the other areas in two parts each. I was very cautious, being the first time out. Quick Detail before appling the products, maybe too carefull. Let it set for two hours while I had a long lunch. Applied the GC with a new white pad after had applying the angle areas, door jams, and trunk area. Followed the advice of "work it in" as a mantra, along with "don`t use too much product". Basicly, just kept it simple and went slow, with lots of inspections.

I was able to remove many minor scratches by going over the same area, usually three times of 3-5 mins each. Much easier than I ever expected.