PDA

View Full Version : souveran: liquid or paste?

Pages : [1] 2

III
08-27-2004, 08:39 PM
All you souveran users out there what do you prefer? Do you think the carnauba content is the same?

Jngrbrdman
08-27-2004, 09:23 PM
I love them both. Liquid Souveran is my very favorite liquid wax. I use it all the time when speed is a factor. I love Paste Souveran too, however I haven`t really had opportunity to use it lately. I need to use it again so I can be wowed all over again. I`ve been using so many other new pastes out there lately that Souveran has sort of fallen by the wayside. Pinnacle Signature, Trade Secret, P21S, etc... they are all so good that I have a really hard time justifying the cost for paste souveran. I`ll probably stick with the liquid version. It is a superior wax on so many levels. The depth and reflections that I get out of it are just outstanding.

III
08-27-2004, 09:59 PM
Here`s another question which I forgot to ask: why is the paste version more money than the liquid?

The Fuzz
08-27-2004, 10:03 PM
Because people will pay it. :naughty Why is P21S twice as much as S100? Its all in the marketing. Obviously there is a difference in product. Souveran paste obviously has more carnauba in it. Paste waxes will almost always have more carnauba. It is also a more highly refined carnauba than the liquid. Manufacturing of the paste costs more than the liquid. The liquid isn`t just liquified paste Souveran. They are two different waxes that are just part of the same line of products.

keeotee
08-27-2004, 11:42 PM
I`ve got both the liquid and the paste. I also have the Trade Secret. I like the TS very much, but I prefer the Souveran, both the liquid and the paste. On my red truck, the Souveran is just the look I want. It is also the look I want on the wife`s dark blue car.

Between the two, the liquid and the paste, there is only a bit of difference to my eye, but I do feel the paste is slightly better visually, but only very slightly. And I think you really have to be looking for it to notice - which of course I was.

But as The Fuzz said, the paste is supposed to have more caraubu in it, so I would figure it lasts longer. I`ve also heard that the liquid may remove some of the previous layer when reapplying it.

I absolutely love the souveran wax for the colors I have on our car and truck.

Jngrbrdman
08-27-2004, 11:54 PM
The liquid souveran does have some solvents in it. Most liquid waxes do. It also has lower carnauba content. That is probably the reason for the price difference. They both look awesome. I`d pay 40 bucks a bottle for Liquid Souveran and feel like I was still getting my moneys worth.

wifehatescar
08-28-2004, 01:46 AM
How long have you found LS to last on a daily driver?

ALAN81
08-28-2004, 06:33 AM
HERE is the answer to your questions Paste over liquid the paste is a better product not that the liquid is bad its not.Durability is about 4-6 weeks in my opinion.Once you tried both you will see why SOUVERN is about $30 more.I really cant explain.LS is a great product gives a great finish and easy on and easy off but SOUVERN is in a league of its own

Dtail
08-28-2004, 10:16 AM
Liquid souveran may look as good as the paste souveran on the first application. Since paste has lower solvents it can be layered, and i think that 2 or 3 coats of the paste PS looks better than one coat. It has more depth and wetness than just one application. I don`t think it`s possible to layer liquid souveran because of it`s higher solvent in it.

III
08-28-2004, 12:26 PM
Very informative answers from everyone. Thank you.

Jngrbrdman
08-28-2004, 01:15 PM
Its not really fair to compare a liquid wax to a paste wax. They both have their positive sides. There is debate about whether you can really layer a paste wax anyway. For my money I`ll stick with the liquid Souveran. There are a lot of waxes that cost half as much as paste Souveran that look just as good. I`ve never used a liquid wax to compete with liquid Souveran. I like to just compare liquids to liquids and pastes to pastes.

Woob
08-28-2004, 01:18 PM
Its hard to tell honestly. I`m drooling at how I`m getting Liquid Souveran via Autogeek. Man I have Natty`s, S100, Mother`s Gold, Liquid Souveran, Pizazz. Ugh!

ALAN81
08-29-2004, 11:20 AM
WANT to compare liquid waxes....LS STUFF ADAMS AMERICAN SHINE CMW 3M PASTE SHOW CAR all carnuba or carnuba blend. then you have the paste(so many good ones)
#16 SOUVERN NATTIES PIZAZZ TS BEAUTY SHINE MOTHERS PURE VW P21S the list goes on I can only tell you that this is a sick hobby(business) that never ends.

Jngrbrdman
08-29-2004, 01:40 PM
Add a couple more bottles of Liquid Souveran, a jar of Trade Secret and a jar of Signature and you have my wax shelf right about now.

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/2020nicecollection-med.jpg

This is one expensive hobby.... I`m glad there is a way to make some extra money with it. ;)

MattZ28
08-29-2004, 01:48 PM
Hey wanna give me one of those jars of wax? LOL jk