PDA

View Full Version : I found a way to detail at night

Pages : [1] 2

YoSteve
08-10-2003, 12:32 AM
So my friend and I were detailing our interiors all day and by the time dusk hit and I had to wash my car it was a tad to dark to see what was going on. He being a climber he had this LED headlamp thingy that he suggested I use.

You would not believe how cool this thing is to use. Coupled with the silver paint, I could see every spec on my paint and effectively wash the whole car.

The coolest thing is, this headlamp is about the size of a thick tic-tac container (it weights about 70 grams) consisting of 3 LED`s that run on 2 AAA batteries. It lasts 150 hours (24 hours of comfortable light). It`s basically like wearing a headband.

It is soooo cool. You guys have to get one if you`re a night detailer or like to cut it close to dusk. Even if you have a uber light, there`s always shadows coming in and out of the light and this thing points from your forhead, so you have light constantly at every angle, you have to try it.

Here`s the link (http://www.petzl.com/petzl/LampesProduits?MotRecherche=Quick+Search&Langue=en&Gamme=48&Critere=&News=)

Scottwax
08-10-2003, 12:41 AM
Thanks for the heads up! Before we know it, we will be back on regular time instead of daylight savings time and that will really come in handy.

thevolvoguy
08-10-2003, 12:49 AM
Hmmm, I may have to get one of those. Or maybe two or three.

JasonC8301
08-10-2003, 02:21 AM
www.flashlightreviews.com

Corey Bit Spank
08-10-2003, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by thevolvoguy

Hmmm, I may have to get one of those. Or maybe two or three.

You have three heads? :o

imported_edschwab1
08-10-2003, 04:27 AM
Steve,

Nice find.

Jason,

Cool website. I take you are serious about personal lights?

Eric

shaf
08-10-2003, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by edschwab1

Jason,

Cool website. I take you are serious about personal lights? Yes. Yes he is!!!! :eek: :D

:lol

JasonC8301
08-10-2003, 05:42 AM
edschwab1 - Yes.

Brian - haha you are so right!

Between detailing and flashlights and getting lithium batteries to keep some of my lights going, it takes up a lot of my hobby money. I try my best to keep both hobbies satisfied. I have a above average collection of lights (but not as insane or should I say not as Autopian as some guys over at www.candlepowerforums.com ) For now, I will be illuminated well.

Head lamps here....

http://flashlightreviews.home.att.net/reviews/reviews_index_headlamps.htm

imported_Tony
08-15-2003, 11:56 AM
It looks great and leaves your hands free to work with. Are there any local places to purchase this product?

JasonC8301
08-15-2003, 12:20 PM
Check you`re local camping and outdoor stores. Also check firefighting and police equipment stores. Those are the places that come to mind.

gnahc79
08-15-2003, 12:21 PM
sweet! I`m sure you`ll get MORE strange looks from the neighbors and peeps :D. Just don`t mount it on a hardhat and wear a loop of extension cord around your shoulder, k? I`m going to polish my car tonight at ~7:30-8pm, so I`ll be using my trusty 1000w worklight once again.

B3Golde
08-15-2003, 12:34 PM
I dunno, it sounds cool but the reviews showed it at 24 inches and it seems like at night it doesn`t make enough light to do a wash. For polishing waxing etc it looks like it`d be nice and it also looks like it`d be nice when there is still a little light at dusk.

What are your thoughts on this? I have horrible shade and about the only time I can wash is at 7pm and I`m just getting home from work then so my car is hot. Do you think it`s enough light to effectively do a wash at night?

thanks.

imported_Greg
08-15-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by rightlane

It looks great and leaves your hands free to work with. Are there any local places to purchase this product?

If you click on the original link, it gives you a store finder.

imported_Tony
08-15-2003, 12:48 PM
I ordered from Karst Sports 29.90. 1-800-734-2851

JasonC8301
08-15-2003, 01:01 PM
www.brightguy.com is where I get most of my lighting needs.

www.batterystation.com is where I get some pocket LED`s and batteries.