PDA

View Full Version : Help for heavily oxidized white toyota

Murf300
08-09-2003, 10:45 PM
My mother has a late 90s Camry with heavily oxidized white paint. I am going to takle this for her as the first use of my PC. I have a set of Meguiars pads, DACP, FI-II, #9, UPP to work with. What is my best bet on the product to use with the Meguiars cutting pad?

jerry@robs
08-09-2003, 10:51 PM
Try DACP, works great on white...

shaf
08-10-2003, 04:34 AM
Try it and see... "heavily oxidized" is hard to judge without being there. Have a stronger product or a wool pad (or both?) handy though, just in case.

DaGonz
08-10-2003, 07:03 AM
Always start with the least abrasive product first, if it is not doing the job, go to the next level.

xenangel
08-10-2003, 07:34 AM
How can you tell if its oxidizied or not??

DaGonz
08-10-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by xenangel

How can you tell if its oxidizied or not??

The paint will have a "dry chalkboard"" appearance, no reflection from it whatsoever.

Oxidation is hard to see on a clearcoat paint over a light base coat, but one can feel the contamination in the paint by using their back of their hand or the "baggie" test.

Depending on the aiount of oxidation, claying the finish, then polishing will bring up the gloss. Wax and /or sealant will preserve the gloss and protect the paintwork.

audio1der
08-13-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by theveed

Try DACP, works great on white...

How`s DACP on red? I have a co-worker`s car to do on Friday which is badly oxidized, and do not have access to AIO in that time period.

TIA, Audio