PDA

View Full Version : Detailing motorhomes

LDPaul
08-09-2003, 10:14 PM
I recently been contacted by a company that sells big dollar motorhomes. They were inquiring about my detailing service to detail motorhomes that they get in to resell and could let customers know I provide that service. I looked in the archives and found a little information. I have done my inlaw`s 38` motorhome, but not the roof.

Does anyone do this on a regular basis? What tips would you suggest? What wax would you suggest on those shiny metal motorhomes?

Any help would be great and thanks in advance!

Scottwax
08-10-2003, 12:38 AM
Meguiars has a nice line of boat/RV polishes and waxes and I am sure you can get them in bulk.

I`ve done several RVs and full sized coaches (I have a 44` coach in my gallery), and while the oxidized ones are a real pain, if the paint is in good shape, you can do the work faster than you may think, mostly because the surfaces are nice and flat.

LDPaul
08-10-2003, 01:25 AM
Scott, have you cleaned the tops of the motorhomes and what did you use to clean them? Thanks on the Meguiars note, I will get them the same place you do. They sure are helpful.

Thanks

SickOfItAll
08-10-2003, 06:49 AM
I`ve never done a motorhome - but just thinking about it, my suggestion would be to go to Autozone, and see if any of the longhandled wash brushes they have actually are paint safe (use the CD test)...if any of them are, bring a ladder and use that for the roof. How you`d do an effective wax job, I dunno...

KCPreki11
08-10-2003, 02:28 PM
I think you can walk on the top of them.

LDPaul
08-10-2003, 04:38 PM
Brushes and Ladders are not a problem. I am more concerned with the actual finish of the motorhome and the special roof they have. Waxing is just a little muscle.

Scottwax
08-10-2003, 05:16 PM
The roofs are usually textured and your can use your pressure spray on them to clean it, but normally, you wouldn`t dress or otherwise protect them since they are made to be walked on for servicing.

If the roof is painted like the rest of the RV though, then treat it like the rest of the paint.

BTW, I take it that Barry at Wash Solututions is taking good care of you?

LDPaul
08-10-2003, 08:52 PM
Oh yea, Barry and the guys are great. It is just a little hard to get to their office. I keep forgetting which exit to take. My contract with Microsoft is done on September 2, and then it is detailing full time. I will get over there in a week or two for RV supplies. Thanks