PDA

View Full Version : Which QD to use with fresh curing paint?

qwik
08-09-2003, 04:25 PM
Tried a search but maybe i didn`t word it correctly, anyway i have about 10 or so days until my paint is 30 days cured so in the mean time i intend to use 3M Imperial Hand Glaze to keep the paint nice.

What kinda car wash should i use? I was thinking of Pinnacle Bodywork shampoo, will that be safe with the curing paint? Also, what QD can i use between washings while the paint cures?

Deanski
08-09-2003, 04:39 PM
Washing the car with a good wash is fine. Some are "bodyshop safe" such as Meguiars line, just look for that. The #34 FI should be fine, but I would just keep washing it as the VOC`s make their way out. Do not use any QD that may contain a wax.

Just let the paint cure and follow what the shop told you. If you want more info, find which paint they used and how it was cured (hot oven or catalized) and contact the paint mfg (mostly Dupont) and see the product specs.

I`d stay away from any QD at this time, just keep it clean as possble by washing it using a good wash mit and lots of clean water. All hoses that I use have the brass ends cut off and are encapsulated in foam at the end just in case it touches the finish (never can be too careful) as it floods the area with water.

Regards,

Deanski

qwik
08-09-2003, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the response, by the time i get my damn MF towels and Pinnacle Bodywork shampoo myt paint will probably be cured hehe.

So what car wash is ok to use, will the Pinnacle be ok? I just want to use the QD for any water spots, buggies and other junk that appears on the paint in the mean time before i start my entire vehicle beautification process heh.

imported_Larry A
08-09-2003, 08:33 PM
Any car wash will do. Meg. #34 would be a good qd , contains no wax or silicone. Meg. #34 is called Final Inspection.

qwik
08-09-2003, 09:14 PM
Ok, so than i`ll just use the Pinnacle (when i get it!!!!) I wish they would have told me it was on backorder before they shipped my stuff though heeh.