PDA

View Full Version : Wash the pad or not ?

Dawnskaybug
08-09-2003, 03:25 PM
Should I wash my PC`s Foam pads? CMA says yes Meguiars says no any input?

hondaguy2582
08-09-2003, 03:34 PM
depends on the manufacturer. if its meguiars pads, then i wouldn`t, if its the pc pads from cma, then i would. Be careful though, dont` machine wash the pc pads if they are cma unless they are the advanced pads, because the velcro wont hold up with the regular pc pads. Just use a mild detergent like dawn and some water in a bucket to hand wash them in.

jmsc
08-09-2003, 03:35 PM
I`ve used my CMA pads (yellow/orange/white/grey) about 10 times with my PC and I`ve washed them all by hand using Tide, rinse them and air dry them. The velcro and the pads work and look like new.

So I don`t know where Meguiar`s is coming from? Do you?

BTW. The orange pads wash out easier than the others.

chris0626
08-09-2003, 03:38 PM
I`ve washed my CMA foam pads several times already. But I use Dawn (because I assume it has more aggressive cleaning action than Tide), and would only use a liquid detergent, never powder form. But maybe that`s just me. :nixweiss

imported_vindaloo
08-09-2003, 04:29 PM
I`ve washed my Megs pads 4 or 5 times by hand with no ill effects

slvrshadow94tt
08-09-2003, 04:40 PM
Call me crazy, but I almost never use any applicator twice...machine or hand. It can get expensive but avoids the whole "I thought this thing was clean" scenario. This is how I feel when it comes to my "pride and joy" vehicles, not necessarily the daily drivers.

imported_vindaloo
08-09-2003, 04:46 PM
That would be nice but as I have to have these delivered from the US, a little impractical (&expensive) for me.

biff
08-12-2003, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by jmsc

So I don`t know where Meguiar`s is coming from? Do you?

Not sure where they`re coming from, but I know where they`re going to .... THE BANK! (laughing all the way with our money).

The only reason NOT to wash their pads is so that you cannot reuse them with a different product, meaning you have to BUY a new pad for each product.

Its just good business economics for them. Kinda like the clowns that make Febreeze suggesting that you use it every frickin` day in their commercials. $$$$$$

JimS
08-12-2003, 10:52 AM
I`ve washed my Megs pads several times with good results and no problems. They come clean with Dawn, dry easily and work just fine the next time including the velco holding on. Not advocating, just reporting my experience.

TPG013
08-12-2003, 02:21 PM
Meguiars suggest letting the pads dry and then tapping them to dislodge the old wax or polish before using them again.

imported_CBX Carl
08-12-2003, 02:22 PM
I hand wash them with Dawn and spin them up on the PC to get most of the water out. Air dry and back to the zip loc bag for next use.

JoshABI
08-12-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by slvrshadow94tt

Call me crazy, but I almost never use any applicator twice...machine or hand. It can get expensive but avoids the whole "I thought this thing was clean" scenario. This is how I feel when it comes to my "pride and joy" vehicles, not necessarily the daily drivers.

Originally posted by vindaloo

That would be nice but as I have to have these delivered from the US, a little impractical (&expensive) for me.

Wow..that`s what i call dedication to your car. Don`t feel bad vindaloo. That expensive for me too, and I`m in the States.:scared

Murf300
08-12-2003, 08:36 PM
Silver Shadow,

How about sending your old pads to me. I will gladly pay shipping, and a handling charge.

shaf
08-12-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Biff

Its just good business economics for them. Kinda like the clowns that make Febreeze suggesting that you use it every frickin` day in their commercials. $$$$$$ :lol :rofl Yeah I`ve made that SAME comment about that stuff! "Use it every day." :rolleyes: LOL!!! Just watch, next year they`ll find out it gives rats cancer! :D

I`ve only washed some of my Megs pads a few times, but I don`t see any washing related degradation. I also remember this being covered in the past, and LOTS of people wash their Meguiar`s and non-Meguiar`s pads all the time to no ill effect. Just don`t be too rough, I say. These things are expensive! :eek: