PDA

View Full Version : Slight haze...

JPS911
08-08-2003, 02:23 PM
Used 3M PI-IIIMG yellow pad, followed by 3M SMR yellow pad, followed by 3M SMR white pad, all with PC. Left slight haze or dulling (but swirl free). I`m assuming when I QD, use Z, whatever, it will perk back up, but I`m putting Invincashield on the nose and can`t put that stuff on there. Thoughts on how to perk it back up before sealing her up with the InvincaShield?

imported_Tony
08-08-2003, 02:29 PM
You have used a lot of products and I wonder if there may be some residue. Try claying a test panel and see if that restores the gloss.

good luck

M-M
08-08-2003, 03:24 PM
I`d post some pictures, but from what you said I`ll take a stab.

I`d say you might not have worked the products long enough.

What was the condition of the SMR when you wiped it off? It should have been almost a powder. I`ve never gotten any hazing from SMR unless I didn`t work it completely.

When you rub your hand across it can you feel the difference? If so it might be residue like rightlane said.

shaf
08-09-2003, 02:27 AM
If you can`t get it as shiny as possible with SMR no matter what you seem to do, try something even lighter - like a retail pre-wax cleaner (Mothers/Meguiar`s).

Make sure you`re not doing something amiss first though. HTH!

shaf
08-09-2003, 02:31 AM
JPS911, I`ve merged the two threads for you and decided to keep it in Detailing since this isn`t "run of the mill" stuff....

Don`t worry - the same people probably will still read it anyway! :)