PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Apartment Painters!!! HELP!!

Pages : [1] 2

Ants
08-08-2003, 02:18 PM
Hey everyone, I walked out to my car today and I noticed my car was SPLATTERED with white interior paint. It seems to be a latex or oil base. It`s been on my car for a good day and a half in Austin record weather of 105F. Is it possible to get it removed? If so, does anyone know of any professional detailers in the Austin, TX vicinity? I want it to be removed properly. The apartment complex is currently contacting the painters and will get back to me. In the meantime I took some pictures as proof. Should I go ahead and try tackle it myself? Excuse the dirt on the car, just made multiple trips to and from Houston, and being in an apartment complex doesn`t help :argue :argue :argue

http://www.antshill.com/paint/

larry_bar56
08-08-2003, 02:33 PM
You could try claying the paint spots. If the car had a recent waxing then maybe the paint hasn`t bonded to the car`s paint yet and clay would remove it.

C. Charles Hahn
08-08-2003, 02:34 PM
I would say go wash it, try bug and tar remover (tarminator preferably) and see if that budges it, otherwise get out the clay and try that. If none of that works, go to the managers/landlords and see if they will pay to have it looked at professionally, and if in needs repainting to cover that.

Blue-Sun
08-08-2003, 02:37 PM
ouch man, that sucks hardcore.

I don`t know if it will come out or not. Maybe try AIO or a mild abrasive (SMR, #9, DACP) or try claying it. I`ve never attempted to remove house paint. I`m sure that maybe a paint thinner might work too, but don`t take my word for any of that. . .

good luck and let us know of the outcome

kg/cm²
08-08-2003, 02:49 PM
i too would first try claying...`tis meant to remove overspray...no?...good luck...

White 2.5GT
08-08-2003, 03:00 PM
I would consult a good local detailer and ask them what needs to be done to fix the problem. If you feel that you want to do it yourself thats fine, but I would check with them first, you don`t want to make the mistake of making a bad situation worse.

ryeh2o
08-08-2003, 03:15 PM
Clay it!

You have many excellent professional detailers rite here at Autopia to give you an opinion.

I was at a detail shop recently having my car washed ( i get lazy some days) and buddy was in the middle of claying a pick up truck, full of over spray from a factory next door to him. The extra paint was coming off with no problems. The shop was charging 600.00 to do the work.

You can do this job yourself, but i would still look into a quote from a fine detail shop in your area and submit it for compensation for your time and effort to fix the painters negligence.

Good luck!

GeneH
08-08-2003, 03:20 PM
yeah .......clay it first.....lotta lube though

imported_Tony
08-08-2003, 03:20 PM
Anthony Orosco is next door to Austin. Send him a PM

Ants
08-08-2003, 03:31 PM
I wont be paying...the painter will be paying for it

Ants
08-08-2003, 03:32 PM
My car is waxless *embarassed* the zaino has worn off and so has the S100. My car hasnt beaded for about 1 month now :sosad

00z71sierra
08-08-2003, 03:44 PM
Those painters are horrible. :shocked

I mean they got the brick, patio and sidewalk full of it too. Those were professionals?? :scared

Good luck with getting reimbursed. I feel for you. I would also try clay but someone else my chime in with a way to loosen or soften the paint a little which would make it easier to clay.

00z71sierra

usagichan
08-08-2003, 05:38 PM
WOW!!!!! I would consult an attorney and then clay it!!!!!!!

andriver
08-08-2003, 05:48 PM
Ants my wife was parked in the Arboretum garage for four hours and some contractor doing work there got paint on her black mustang. Looked very similar to your predicament. She raised hell with the contractor and they agreed to have it detailed. When she got home I washed it and clayed it. It all came off.

I reapplyed Blackfire to her car and it looked as good as new...Andrew

BTW Anthony Orosco works in San Antonio and is probably the best detailer in this area.

imported_CBX Carl
08-08-2003, 06:19 PM
Aquire a few written estimates from detailers or body shops. The option to pocket the cash and do the job yourself might work out.