PDA

View Full Version : are foam wax applicators safe to use?

Pages : [1] 2

kbreese
08-07-2003, 09:34 PM
I`m on a kick where i want nothing to scratch my paint. i bought a bunch of zaino along with Supima towels and the whole nine. i always used foam applicators b/c of their ease of use and b/c they dont absorbe too much wax/polish, but am I risking scratches?

Jngrbrdman
08-07-2003, 09:40 PM
They are fine. I think we all use them for paste waxes and the like. You are fine to use them.

Signatures can only be 3 lines, by the way.

chris0626
08-07-2003, 10:19 PM
Ummmmm ... kbreese ... check your PMs. You win the Darwin award for longest sig-line on Autopia. :p

shaf
08-08-2003, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Lynn

Ummmmm ... kbreese ... check your PMs. You win the Darwin award for longest sig-line on Autopia. :p :LOLOL Yeah that pretty much breaks the signature rules with a hammer! :D

SickOfItAll
08-08-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Lynn

Ummmmm ... kbreese ... check your PMs. You win the Darwin award for longest sig-line on Autopia. :p

I musta missed it...You guys would hate my other forum.

At one point, there was an unofficial "longest sig" contest - the winners were 2 pages+ of signature alone :o That got annoying FAST.

Jngrbrdman
08-08-2003, 03:25 PM
Aren`t y`all proud of me? I wasn`t even the first one to say it. :D (ok, maybe I was, but it was typed super small and in white so nobody saw it. ;))

JoshABI
08-08-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

Aren`t y`all proud of me? I wasn`t even the first one to say it. :D (ok, maybe I was, but it was typed super small and in white so nobody saw it. ;))

:LOLOL Wow Jngr, that was subtle. Very funny, very slick!!

Homesick for Mod status? ;)

Bill D
08-08-2003, 04:06 PM
Just used some today, totally safe as long as they don`t pick up any grit from somewhere else.

Jngrbrdman
08-08-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by StickKing1

:LOLOL Wow Jngr, that was subtle. Very funny, very slick!!

Homesick for Mod status? ;)

:lol nah. I trained Lynn well. ;) The badge is in good hands. Every now and then my trigger finger gets itchy and I feel like firing a couple warning shots. lol I still moderate on other boards so I`m not going to get homesick I don`t think. :)

JoshABI
08-08-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

:lol nah. I trained Lynn well.....I still moderate on other boards so I`m not going to get homesick I don`t think. :)

Good to hear...But the real question is whether or not we should go back and double-check all 6,000 or so posts to search for more of those "subliminal messages"? :lol

Jngrbrdman
08-08-2003, 05:42 PM
uhh... you might not wanna do that. you might be surprised at what you find. ;) bwahahahahahah!!!!

JustinR32
08-08-2003, 06:33 PM
OK, how long do you keep a foam pad? I have a couple that I`ve had about a year. I wash them along with the wax removal towels. I know they`re cheap, but washing them that way is free.

Tom

Scottwax
08-08-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Mosca

OK, how long do you keep a foam pad? I have a couple that I`ve had about a year. I wash them along with the wax removal towels. I know they`re cheap, but washing them that way is free.

I toss them when they start to deteriorate. I also wash them along with my towels. I get 2-3 months out of my foam hand pads since I use them so often in my business.

Jngrbrdman
08-08-2003, 06:54 PM
It depends on how often they are used. I would say that a typical yellow pad will last me for at least a dozen vehicles before I need to replace it. I wash them weekly with my towels and they seem to work fine. my microfiber pads have lasted me much much longer. My terry cloth pads lasted like 3 applications and now I just use them for leather cleaning.

imported_Infamous
08-08-2003, 06:55 PM
You must of edited that. :(

If you didn`t that is really funny. :)