PDA

View Full Version : Griot`s Glass Cleaning Tool

wash_me
08-07-2003, 09:33 PM
I use to hate cleaning glass but this tool has made my job so much easier. Cleaning the back windows of cars is a piece of cake. I found placing a surgical towel on the tool works better than one’s that comes with the tool.

medic159
08-07-2003, 10:23 PM
A kitchen spatula works well too!

MBZ 500E
08-08-2003, 09:25 AM
Thank you for putting up this review, I`ve been seriously considering buying one of these just to handle the front windsheild and rear glass.

Can you apply enough pressure with this tool to remove the haze? You also mentioned you prefer a sergical towel instead of the standard cloths, where did you get the towel and how did you apply it on to the tool?

wash_me
08-08-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by MBZ 500E

Thank you for putting up this review, I`ve been seriously considering buying one of these just to handle the front windsheild and rear glass.

Can you apply enough pressure with this tool to remove the haze? You also mentioned you prefer a sergical towel instead of the standard cloths, where did you get the towel and how did you apply it on to the tool?

www.autoint.com has the towels but there are few other places that sell them too. I just lay the towel over the top of the cleaning tool, once one part of towel gets grime on it I just pull the towel over about five inches and keep on cleaning. One of the reason I like the cleaning tool is the amount of presser I can put on the glass.

DaGonz
08-08-2003, 10:48 PM
I might have to get myself one of those..I hate doing windows, and for some you have to be a contortionist to get into the lower corners :rolleyes:

JimS
08-09-2003, 07:34 AM
Eastwood sells this tool too but I`m not sure how the prices compare. This tool has been discussed in other threads. You might do a search. The spatula wrapped with a towel works great.

fmdog44
10-26-2004, 09:58 AM
I got in on this at the rear so could you tell me what the name of this tool is and where I can buy one? Thanks.

the other pc
10-26-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by fmdog44

I got in on this at the rear so could you tell me what the name of this tool is and where I can buy one? Thanks.

Griot`s tool (http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?&SKU=90247)

Eastwood`s tool (http://www.eastwoodcompany.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=2611&itemType=PRODUCT&iProductID=2611)

Eliot Ness
10-26-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by fmdog44

"the other pc" posted links for the Griots and Eastwood glass cleaning tool so here is a link for a lower cost alternative, the Glass Wizard, that you can get for about $10.00 locally.

http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/glass_wizard.html?gid=

I just bought one to do the inside front window of our mini-van (hard to reach with my arms). While Iâ€â„¢m sure itâ€â„¢s not as well made as Griots it seems to do OK. I bought one at a Bed, Bath & Beyond store locally for $10.00. The local Walgreens carried them also but were out of stock.

HotRodGuy
10-26-2004, 11:46 AM
I have it and love it. However I just an informercial for ones that looked identical for only $20 w/ a **** load of MF towels

the other pc
10-26-2004, 12:19 PM
Dang, I forgot to mention I got mine from TOL (sorry Irene).:doh

Compared to some of the others it`s very thin and gets down into very tight spaces.

TOL MicroFiber Glass Paddle (http://www.topoftheline.com/micglaspad.html)

PC.

imported_agentf1
10-26-2004, 01:02 PM
I love my griots window cleaner. Eastwoods looks like it is the same one.

tom p.
10-26-2004, 01:32 PM
I have been using the Griot`s tool for a few years. I like and it is a essential if you want perfect glass. I haven`t found any other good way to get in the corners, edges and bottom area. Griot`s does the trick!

Pats300zx
10-26-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by agentf

I love my griots window cleaner. Eastwoods looks like it is the same one.

I have the Eastwood one and its very nice. Perfect for those hard to reach areas. Plus its a big back saver. I also picked up an additional 3 pack of MF bonnets.

kbshadow
10-26-2004, 05:45 PM
I got the as seen on TV one on sale at Walgreen for 7.99, works great.

Also use it for all the house mirrors and windows.

Bob