PDA

View Full Version : How do you get this stuff off?

Beason
08-06-2003, 10:32 PM
http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/11111fuzz-med.jpg

its sort of like lint on clothes, but its on the felt connecting the window. sorry the pic is dark. It is my first picture with my new camera and of course its for Autopia. Tell me what you think in the thread in the click and brag section about my camera too.

kermada
08-06-2003, 10:46 PM
I`ve used a fingernail cleaner, much like a double wide toothbrush. Be prepare for a lot of very fine black dust and stuff coming off. Audi`s have a lot of felt like window moding.

Dave

Accumulator
08-07-2003, 11:05 AM
Beason- I remove that stuff with a MF dampened with FI. On the camera, I don`t have my monitor set just right so I really shouldn`t comment. I *DID* like your cat, though.

Patrick
08-07-2003, 11:19 AM
Well what exactly is it !?

Is it stuff from a cotton towel ? Take a peice of masking tape, lay it on there and rip er off !!!!

imported_garyo
08-08-2003, 09:38 AM
It appears to be lint on the felt/rubber seal at the bottom of a window. If so put the window down, take some duct tape (I find it to be sticker than masking tape), spread the felt a little to get all exposed and use the duct tape to remove. Basically like using tape to remove lint from clothing. I have this problem when using a Chenille mit on the seal around the sunroof of my wife`s BMW. I let everything dry well then tilt the roof open and use duct tape to remove the white fuzz.

Beason
08-08-2003, 03:23 PM
Yes it is both stuff from cotton towels when drying and old chenile mits. I tried scotch tape and it worked fairly well but not good enough. I got a damp tooth brush and old MF and they works great. Did try duct tape but if it happens again i will try that.

BTW Accumulator im trying a new setting see what you think of the recent pics i just uploaded.