PDA

View Full Version : Simple Green - Floormats Are Clean Now

imported_CBX Carl
08-06-2003, 05:37 PM
http://www.simplegreen.com/images/consumer/household/01photo.gif

I picked up a refill gallon and free spray bottle at the local Sams Club.

The 2 floormats in my Pickup were covered with grease & oil stains from a trip to the dealer. I decided to give this stuff a try.

Brushed and vaccumed the mat and lightly sprayed it down with water. Sprayed full strength SGreen and brushed it in to the mat, white foam was immediate and as I brushed it into the oil stains it started lifting the oil turning the foam brown. Very quick acting as I agitated the foam in and let them sit for ten minutes, rinsed them down,vaccumed and let them air dry. Results were very good as all the oil and grease were removed and the carpets held their color just fine.

Question I have is how long does the odor last ?

I rinsed them well with the hose but when opening the truck door the SGreen smell was rather strong - granted they could still be drying. Kids and I didn`t mind the smell but Mom noticed right away. Maybe I will fill up the baby pool and let them soak a bit more. Next time I will dilute the SGreen down.

Overall I give SGreen two thumbs from me. Fast acting and good results. There are "FREE" products available at Collect Points For Free Simple Green Merchandise (http://www.simplegreen.com/products/consumer/points2.html) .

S&H is $3.00 per item. The gallon bottle I picked up has 25 points already, 10 more points and I can score 2 spray bottles.

imported_FUEL
08-06-2003, 05:51 PM
Nice! I had heard though that SG will take color out of floor mats which is why I never used it. Glad to hear it worked for you. As for the smell it goes away in a few days.

imported_SlackerQX4
08-06-2003, 06:52 PM
Wow Simple Green full strength, and the mats held their color? I`ll have to give it a try sometime.

imported_CBX Carl
08-06-2003, 09:10 PM
As always use first read directions later.