PDA

View Full Version : quick detailing techniques?

shyne
08-06-2003, 06:15 AM
i read davidb`s article on quick detailing. any other ways or tips on how to do it?

imported_Luster
08-06-2003, 07:49 AM
The goal of Quick Detailing is to clean your paint, without having to get out the hose, bucket, carwash soap, washmits, absorbers, etc., etc.

That process could take over an hour and you should be able to QD in about 15 minutes.

Obviously, if your car is too dirty, you should wash. But if it just needs touch-ups, QD`ing is the way to go.

I usually Cali-dust first, just to get the layer of dust off. Then start at the front of the car, spraying QD and using long strokes (MF) from front to back. I use another MF to buff after I have cleaned.

Usually takes 5-7 minutes to do the entire car.

Then I do the wheels. 5 minutes.

Last I clean the tires with Simple Green and some paper towels and dress the tires. That process takes 5-7 minutes.

Total time 15-20 minutes.

If you are in a hurry, you can forget the wheels & tires and be done very quickly.

I QD every day.

I use either Zaino Z-6 or Eagle One Wet Wipe `N Shine.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid67/p75c2ae5d91c3439397ceb67a5d8239cb/fbc45e31.jpg

imported_f150smith
08-06-2003, 10:31 AM
I tried an alternative to DavidB`s process whick works very well for me. I follow his process except I use about a gallon of water and add about 2 ozs of Poorboy`s S&W to the water. Seems to make the wet MF glide much easier across the paint.

shaf
08-06-2003, 02:21 PM
I`m sure David`s technique works well (as long as you keep rolling the towel as you go), but for most of my QDing it`s usually just:

CCD

QD with MFs

The CCD takes care of most of the dust right off the bat.