PDA

View Full Version : Dog scratches on inside doors

MooseyFate
08-06-2003, 02:20 AM
The previous owner of my Supra apparently had a dog, as you can see in the pictures. Claw marks didn`t look sharp/small enough to be a cat, but maybe I`m wrong. I went to the dealer, and they would only sell a whole door. I can`t buy just the interior panner, which is stupid. I think it`s a Toyota thing, not a dealer thing though. Does anyone have advice, or know if this type of thing can be repaired? The main thing I`m afraid of is having that "melted" look if it get`s personally or profeshionally detailed.

I have two pics which I`ll attach.

Thanks!

MooseyFate
08-06-2003, 02:24 AM
...and here`s a close up. The scratches run all along the top insides of both doors.

Spilchy
08-06-2003, 08:09 AM
Do a search on the internet. There has got to be a place that sells that part for replacement. Or, try a body shop. See what they say.

imported_BretFraz
08-06-2003, 08:13 AM
Yep, or a junkyard or auto upholsterer. That damage looks permanent.

BoxsterCharlie
08-06-2003, 08:16 AM
It can`t repaired. Either get a replacement or consider an unusual option--get an upholsterer to cover the section with high-quality vinyl or real leather. I got a good deal on my old Integra; for $150 I got new cloth inserts in my door panels, excellent craftmanship. Cool thing was I did them in body color--red, or course, :) and it looked very sharp accenting the black interior.

MooseyFate
08-06-2003, 11:01 AM
I called Toyota back today to confirm the price they gave me 4 months ago, and this new guy I talked to said I could just buy the pannels. However, it would be $3000 for both interior door pannels. If I can find an upholsterer to do it for a fraction of the price, with a custom finish, that would rock. Thanks!