PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire Storage Problems

Corey Bit Spank
08-05-2003, 11:55 AM
I haven`t used or touched the Blackfire polish or sealant in maybe 7 months. I just haven`t had a solid few hours to do the work so I`ve been using a one step for the past few months.

The problem occurs with the polish itself. I put some of the polish on to the applicator and a bunch of oil comes out. I thought I shook it up pretty well so I shook it up some more. I poured it back on to the applicator and there was more oil dribbling out. It just keeps coming out. I finally get to the product and it`s lumpy. It doesn`t apply to the paint OR work too good as a polish because it`s like putting vegetable oil on the car. The worst is having it sit there for a few minutes the oil comes back to the top and that`s what goes out on to the applicator.

I tried the sealant on a mirror in the house and it`s impossible to get it off completely. It`s horribly oily as well. I waited 3 hours and it still wouldn`t come off.

I ordered it in December (possibly the 11th--that comes to mind) I used it a few days before X-mas...and I applied another coat in early January). I read the directions over to make sure there was not any storage instructions that I missed, but there were not. I`ve never had this happen to any other product. Is this a known problem with the Blackfire poducts? Should I call up CMA and tell them, or is this my fault? It claims long live when applied, given it could do 10+ applications, that`s 5+ years if you go every 6 months. :(

LOTA OT
08-05-2003, 12:26 PM
You bought it over the winter, did you store it outside or in a garage? It was really cold in January and February in NY. Sounds like it might have frozen and separated.

If that`s not the case, I`d call CMA and ask what`s up....see what they say.

Michael

Corey Bit Spank
08-05-2003, 12:58 PM
Argh. That was probably it. I appreciate your reply. I`ll order new product. Maybe I`ll get Klasse, it`s cheaper--and keep it inside.

edit: and Klasse is on sale. :D

spotter
08-05-2003, 01:13 PM
Where is Klasse on sale at?

Corey Bit Spank
08-05-2003, 01:27 PM
Properautocare.com $33 for AIO and SG.

Corey Bit Spank
08-05-2003, 11:17 PM
Update: I put it into a small pirex measuring dish and used the braun hand mixer to get it back together. I let it sit for a few hours, shook it up for a few seconds, and no problem. My mom was not happy about it, but I reminded her that she never uses it anyway. Me so happy.

rstype
08-05-2003, 11:37 PM
Same thing happened to me with Detailer Pride`s Paint "Sealant." I shook it pretty well, and the oil poured out before the rest of the liquid.

shaf
08-06-2003, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Corey Bit Spank

Update: I put it into a small pirex measuring dish and used the braun hand mixer to get it back together. I let it sit for a few hours, shook it up for a few seconds, and no problem. My mom was not happy about it, but I reminded her that she never uses it anyway. Me so happy. :LOLOL :lol

Oh well, whatever works right? :D